Putting together band tracks to play with using Battery 4 as a sample trigger

chracquehead
chracquehead Member Posts: 3 Member

Currently samples are in one-shot mode I believe. Sample plays through its entirety once triggered without having to hold the note down - trying to figure out how to set the release of the sample to trigger when another pad (say for example the "Chorus" loop) is triggered without having to use the mouse to hit the panic button to get it to stop! So far this is eluding me so just to be clear, I have pre-recorded 5 loops as 5 different sections of any given song - Im using a footswitch to trigger the different sections as they happen - I need to be able to stop the sample and trigger a different one and I'd like for the next sample to cut off the previous one - not playing to click nor do I need to sync, just playing along with them - pretty simple task I think but I cannot figure it out! - watched way too many videos and no clues - please help! - also would like to be able to "Stop" the entire sequence using the footswitch.

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    Answer ✓

ohh and i forgot to mention that you can try meanwhile to go to the setup tab in battery and set voices to "1", kill mode "any", excluded "off". Then go to editor add a loop, set count to 127

Answers

• Uwe303

Hello,

what kind of foot switch do you use?

• chracquehead
    edited December 2022

Nektar Pacer - but it hasnt arrived yet - I should have it next weekend - Im in the Bahamas and I ordered it on Amazon so it takes a little while

• Uwe303

Ok I'll have a look and we will work something out hopefully that works for you. What other native products do you own and do you use a DAW like Ableton or do you own one? Maybe Ableton is an option to do that, even ableton lite would work to some extend.

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

ohh and i forgot to mention that you can try meanwhile to go to the setup tab in battery and set voices to "1", kill mode "any", excluded "off". Then go to editor add a loop, set count to 127

• chracquehead

Yesssss!

Thank You! - Perfect!