Accessing key switches and articulations on Komplete S61

davepeterson7
davepeterson7 Member Posts: 2 Member

I am contemplating moving to an S88 vs my S61 MK1 to always have access to key switches and articulations, which are typically pre-programmed to the low or high end of the 88 not key range. Before I do this, which will also move me to hammer action vs. my preferred synth action key bed, have others found helpful work arounds? Thank you.

Best Answers

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro
    Answer ✓

You should know that even on the S88 Native Instruments placement of key switches is almost always off the keyboard (generally at -1 on the Kontakt view virtual keyboard). And -1 is off the keyboard. So all you gain is that you have to press the octave down button once rather than 2 or 3 times to get them into view. And there appears to be no way to change the placement on a Komplete Keyboard at this time.

• seadragon
    seadragon Member Posts: 21 Member
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

If you happen to have a Maschine, you can put it in MIDI mode and use the keypads to trigger the key switches. I have my Maschine to the left of my S61 mk2 and it works pretty good this way. The bonus with this solution is that you have a Maschine also. :)

Answers

• MyStudioOne
    Answer ✓

You should know that even on the S88 Native Instruments placement of key switches is almost always off the keyboard (generally at -1 on the Kontakt view virtual keyboard). And -1 is off the keyboard. So all you gain is that you have to press the octave down button once rather than 2 or 3 times to get them into view. And there appears to be no way to change the placement on a Komplete Keyboard at this time.

• davepeterson7
    davepeterson7 Member Posts: 2 Member

@MyStudioOne Thank you very kindly for your response...very helpful. Given this it would seem I might wish to explore further before diving in. Perhaps a KORG NanoKey which could be assigned to the lower or upper registers could be a solution. Again thank you.

• seadragon
    seadragon Member Posts: 21 Member
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

If you happen to have a Maschine, you can put it in MIDI mode and use the keypads to trigger the key switches. I have my Maschine to the left of my S61 mk2 and it works pretty good this way. The bonus with this solution is that you have a Maschine also. :)

• MyStudioOne

Never considered getting one to this point but you got me thinking, Seadragon. Hmmm....