Which metadata does Traktor broadcast?

Robert Jansen
Robert Jansen Member Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Hi there, I'm using Traktor 3.5 on the latest windows 10 version. I use the broadcasting function to send metadata to an app called Now Playing (developed by Triode). That now playing app (installed on my streaming laptop) basically connects to the Traktor laptop (based on ipadres:9000) and gets the metadata of the artist and title and displays it as an overlay in OBS. My question: which information does the broadcast function broadcast?

Is it only the artist and the title or also the cover art , the mix, the release , label and so on? If so, the next step is probably to go to the now playing app developer and ask whether the app can also display the additional info. Obviously if it isn't broadcasted then I need to turn to NI include that into a next release. Hoping for a positive answer and if you can elaborate at bit on it..... thx!!!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod
    Answer ✓

hey there!

currently, it only sends artists and titles. There is a possibility that we may extend this in the future, but can't commit to any dates. Hope that helps!

Answers

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod
    Answer ✓

hey there!

currently, it only sends artists and titles. There is a possibility that we may extend this in the future, but can't commit to any dates. Hope that helps!

• Robert Jansen
    Robert Jansen Member Posts: 2 Member

That would be great. The problem is that besides not having cover art in my stream, I'm also missing essential 'mix' info. Unless I type manually the mix after the title in the title field there's no way to get that info in my stream. Cheers for taking the effort. Should be an easy adjustment for you i guess. I don't know, I'm not a programmer.... thx a million

• ilove1981
    ilove1981 Member Posts: 45 Helper

@Robert Jansen like you, I'm also using "Now Playing". Personally, I don't think using the Broadcast feature is the most efficient way to solve this problem. In the future, I would prefer to be able to access the meta data directly rather than capture the stream. But then again, being able to broadcast to another laptop (running OBS) is a really useful feature!

For now, I have included all mix information in the title field. I've also amended the JS to tidy up some of my title data where I use specific notes to myself for the track!

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,218 Expert

Some more features for streaming would be cool.

• Writing master meta data into a text file. (Like Mixxx)
    • Sending master out to another audio device for easy software capture. (like rekordbox or serato)

Traktor 4 pls 😢

• Mister Hayman
    Mister Hayman Member Posts: 34 Member

I've used Behringer U-CONTROL UCA222 usb interface to point my master out to another PC/laptop. Plug and play, uber simple device. It might also be possible to split the USB out from the controller to 2 PCs/laptops.

• niggellas
    niggellas Member Posts: 1 Member

Hey, is there any update on what Metadata Traktor broadcasts?

• savpank
    savpank Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

hey,

I am working on an mix/song recommendation logic, so I want to use the broadcast option to catch metadata, like the current song, and the master BPM. Actually the master bpm would be insanely good to be broadcasted. Is there any chance that it will be added to i in the future?

What would be way much better if I will be able to get metadata like what is in Deck A, what is in Deck B, the positions of the volume mixers, since in this way the real currently played song can be catched. Thanks!

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,218 Expert
  • PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,002 Guru

Wow, LOL at people expecting everything but the kitchen sink to be shown on screen!

For more than three years I've been watching DJs live stream, and I stream myself.

If a streamer even bothers to do this, in most cases they will only display artist and title, as that's sufficient for viewers to find out what the track is.

Certainly on Twitch, viewers can ask in the chat for more info, and the DJ can respond.