Kontakt 6 or 7 to run Extinction Level Event?

Jake Antosik
Jake Antosik Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello,

Maybe a stupid question, but I have a new pc and am in the prosses of reinstalling the Extinction Level Event VST which runs though Kontakt 6.

But I have noticed there is now a new Kontakt 7 which sounds awesome, but I've seen a few discussions regarding "this VST and that VST will be coming soon" and no info online to help me find out what my options are.

I want to know if Extinction Level Event is even compatible with Kontakt 7, or will it ever be. Although I'm happy using Kontakt 6, the upgrade to 7 would be awesome

Best Answer

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

That would be a question better suited for Spectre Digital (the manufacturer) as to compatibility.

They note that it runs in Kontakt 6 Player, so it will also run in K6 full version. As for K7, DL the free Kontakt 7 player and experiment.

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

That would be a question better suited for Spectre Digital (the manufacturer) as to compatibility.

They note that it runs in Kontakt 6 Player, so it will also run in K6 full version. As for K7, DL the free Kontakt 7 player and experiment.

• Jake Antosik
    Jake Antosik Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks for all the help Brad, looks like I can move forward now.

A very good point, I'll be sure to contact manufacturers in concerns to compatibility in the future.