Expansions not available on Maschine+

Rico010
Rico010 Member Posts: 91 Advisor

Need advice. My M+ only installed the expansions until N letter (alphabetically). For instance, Molten Veil is installed on M+, but Neon Drive not. And it is not available for install. But I have it available for install on laptop. Neon Drive is compatible with M+.

Anybody had similar issue? Any advice or solution?

p.s. i would like to skip a hardware reset. Have not done it from the very first day, as I don’t want to go through a full reinstall of the whole library. But I may need this if nothing help, though not sure if it helps. So looking forward for advice before i go for a full reset. Please advice

Best Answers

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    Answer ✓

@Rico010 Just be super patient when you're rescanning because it looks like Native Access is running incredibly slow at the moment with so much traffic. (I presume that it must be the same underlying system that M+ is using to validate installations.)

• Rico010
    Answer ✓

Sorted out. A library scan helped with it. I saw the missing expansions on the SD card connected to the laptop. Then hit the library rescan in standalone mode. All missing expansions are available now.

All, thanks for support and advice!

Answers

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

How much free space is available on your SD-Card?

• Rico010

It seems to be a software issue, definitely not related to storage. Everything works ok, but I see Expansions only until N. Libraby is sorted alphabetically, and Expansions starting with A, B, C… M are there. There is nothing starting with N, O, P… Neon Drive os not there. Nor in Library (not Instaled, bot Available), nor in Browser.

Anybody seen such behavior?

• Andy Wt
    Andy Wt Member Posts: 74 Helper

<sarcasm>I suppose it behaves exactly like it should in M+</sarcasm> Every single part of code which deals with large list of items is buggy OOB. User sample browser was broken (fixed now), Text Entry dialog is broken and it doesnt look they are going to fix it, and this new one... Just report it to support and try to live without it until fix is out.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

Sorry if this is a stupid suggestion but have you checked your SD for a lock switch? Some have that to prevent writing to it and it's easy to accidentally turn it on. Also test writing to the SD ina a computer if you can.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

How many Expansions do you have available? What SW version is your M+ running on?

There are 72 items installed on my M+, including 58 Expansions from Aquarius Earth to Warped Symmetry. No Problems with that amount.

• DJ BREEZE
    DJ BREEZE Member Posts: 9 Newcomer
    edited December 2022

Hello everyone Newbie to maschine altogether but not to this type of gear. I had sky hi hopes for this to take mt game to the platinum level.. Grammy that is.. but odley I have checked all the witty answers and serious ones and am having the same load issues...

my Epansions show in my NI library down to the NI file on my PC...

PC says there are 44 plugins M+ shows 33 and will only load up to the last 13

And finally I am using a 1TB card with the adapter that came with the unit.

Before that the card was in my laptop I use for DJing.

Help. please..

But I dont Even Care About The Ones That won't load..

M+ is having Saving Issues.. I save a project...Go to software..Come back to standalone and the project is gone..

• DJ BREEZE
    DJ BREEZE Member Posts: 9 Newcomer

Sorry everyone... I meant Say Expansions... Won't load in the beginning not Plug-ins.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited December 2022

@Rico010 What SD Card are you using?

@DJ BREEZE

M+ is having Saving Issues.. I save a project...Go to software..Come back to standalone and the project is gone..

Are you checking for your projects in Browser>User>Projects? The FILE menu only shows the latest 10 projects loaded and due to the 1.4.4 bug the latest ones might not show there.

And finally I am using a 1TB card with the adapter that came with the unit.

Did you format the SD card on the M+ before using it? Try installing all the expansions on the original card and see if that works.

IMHO It's a bad move to use a micro-sd + the included adaptor IMO, especially for 1TB; you end up with a very slow card and have 3 points of failure: low quality, fragile SD + the adaptor itself.

A decent 1TB SD would cost about 300-400$, probably overkill, I would buy a Sandisk Extreme Pro at a more conservative size like 128GB/256GB (90mb/s to 170mb/s). They cost between 30-60$.

I have no idea why NI decided to ship with a micro SD+Adaptor for such a huge device, Micro SD is meant for tiny things like smartphones, action cams, etc... In the DSLR/Camera world for example brands have a list of "compatible cards" with a small number of reputable brands only even tho technically any card should work, surely there's a reason for this... Based on my experience tiny cards can cause issues but I cannot be certain that's the exact cause of your installation problems.

• Rico010

@ozon @D-One five a few days please. I’m in travel and left M+ at home. I shall be able to check it this week.

As for now I can say I’m using Sumsung Evo sd card (evo plus afair) with 256gb. And it was formatted on M+.

There are no issues with any projects so far. I use M+ since its release. Almost two years now. No problems with it at all. Just the fact that I described earlier.

• Peter Harris
    edited December 2022

I had this happen a while back and it turned out all I had to do was go to Settings - Library then select the RESCAN button (#4 I think) . The little spinning indicator will take a while but once it finished all of my expansions were back again.

• Rico010

@Peter Harris thanks for hint. I was thinking about it. So, today flying back home. My plan tomorrow is to:

1 - double check SD card if libraries are there, rescan library once more.

2 - if #1 does not work/help, try without sd card, try with factory card

3 - if nothing helps, format card, check if libraries are available

4 - if nothing works, system reset

This is a plan. I’ll try to avoid format and reset anyway however. Will post the results here.

• stephen59tx
    stephen59tx Member Posts: 13 Member

I have not seen the issue on my Maschine plus. I have expansion packs from A to V. I’m running ver 1.4.4.0 and Maschine 2.16. I have a SanDisk Extreme Pro 512 GB SDXC card. Works great.

You may want to replace your SD card. They do go bad sometimes. I back mine up to my Mac just in case.

• Peter Harris
    Answer ✓

@Rico010 Just be super patient when you're rescanning because it looks like Native Access is running incredibly slow at the moment with so much traffic. (I presume that it must be the same underlying system that M+ is using to validate installations.)