new plugins for maschine plus?

troxx
troxx Member Posts: 29 Member
edited November 2022 in Maschine

Just scored a Maschine plus and enjoying it so far, never used the Mk3 much, as I wanted to use it standalone.

Having been out for 2 years now, does anyone know if the Machine is going to get any additional synth plugins, would be cool to have some CPU optimised synths specifically for the Machine Plus, it would also be awesome to have the Guitar Rig effects to utilise too, anyone know if these are likely to show up?

Tagged:

Comments

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited November 2022

Nop, no one knows when or if that's happening... It certainly will not happen this year imo.

We can only speculate but I'd keep my expectations really low and get to using the auto-sampler if you want more instruments and look into Reaktor user ensembles and how to get them in the M+ for extra fx.

• troxx

I'm not complaining on the fx side, when you use the reverb from Maschine and then compare that to the Deluge, it's night and day, but then when you see the updates the Akais have received in recent times, gotta hope NI have something up their sleeve for the competition?

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

If you can use Reaktor and mod the user library, the Akai is not competition at all, that user library is huge, and honestly the paid plugins on the Akai will never get bought by me at those prices, they are simply not good enough for that money, I may buy them when they are $10.

• troxx

The thing is with Reaktor user ensembles are the varying degrees of cpu useage, if the cpu struggles with time stretching multiple audio tracks & the current plugins, then how many user ensembles can it handle in it's current state?

Given the supposed limitations of the Intel Atom cpu, why has NI not developed any more plugins specifically optimised for the M+

• D-One
    edited December 2022

What kind of synths/fx are you missing, and why? Just "more synths" is a bit ambiguous.

Given the supposed limitations of the Intel Atom cpu, why has NI not developed any more plugins specifically optimised for the M+

I'd say if after 2 years that hasn't happened it's because they consider the current offerings good enough for how the device is intended to be used. What else could it be? If I open a restaurant that only sells rice it's because I think that's good enough, now if customers will agree or not is another story.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

I may be biased, but anybody who doesn't think Massive is good enough is a wee bit mad in my book, it was pretty much the backbone of electronic music until Serum came along, and is still favoured by a lot of producers.

• D-One

It's a bit outdated but still super capable for sure. The only downside I see with Massive on an M+ is the inability to really go in and program patches, things like selecting the OSC wavetables, modulation destinations, fancy LFO shapes, etc, etc, were all designed to be used with a mouse.. then again most people probably just stick with presets? No ideia.

IMO nowadays people pick SW synths mostly based on ease of use, UI, UX, etc.. because the functionality is sort of balanced in the modern ones.

• troxx

My question was aimed at plugins specifically 'optimised' for M+, not just more additions from the Komplete library, which would alleviate some of the performance problems users have been experiencing since launch.

I do love having Massive standalone, I just dumped all my presets on there to mess with. I'd like to be able to use my own Wavetable samples in M+ though, guess i'm just missing the Deluge's extremely flexible synth engine, they designed it so well.