Can you set Kontakt default channel to Omni for multis?

studiosiam
studiosiam Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

In Kontakt settings you can specify the MIDI channel for loaded patches as being Omni. That seems to work fine for loading individual instruments. In Vintage Horns there are Multis with various groups of horns loaded together but they are not set to Omni with this option set.  

Any ideas how to fix this or maybe it can't be done?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• studiosiam
    Answer ✓

Paule,

I realize that all channels will receive the MIDI signal with Omni but that's actually what I want. I just want 8 instruments for instance all playing whatever notes I play on the keyboard. Some have different ranges but that's okay. When I change them all to Omni manually it sounds fine. I can also save this as a new preset.

Thanks.

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

On Onmi the instrument can receive all channel from 1-16 but can't specify inside to multis.

The result were a cacophony. The multis are for different instances of Kontakt inside a daw. Each on a different midi channel.

• studiosiam
    Answer ✓

Paule,

I realize that all channels will receive the MIDI signal with Omni but that's actually what I want. I just want 8 instruments for instance all playing whatever notes I play on the keyboard. Some have different ranges but that's okay. When I change them all to Omni manually it sounds fine. I can also save this as a new preset.

Thanks.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod