Re-organizing Kontakt Libraries : Show "containing folder" locations for all libraries?

tleetabor
tleetabor Member Posts: 2 Member
edited December 2022 in Kontakt

Folks,

I'm in the process of reorganizing all my Kontakt Libraries, and I am wondering if there is a way to display (or export to text file) the "containing folder" locations for all libraries?

I know how to see the "containing folder" location for individual libraries one at a time, both from Kontakt as well as Native Access. But viewing the locations one Library at a time for dozens of libraries is truthfully a pain in the butt. So I'm looking for a method to see the locations for ALL of my installed libraries at the same time in a single page to facilitate the organization process...either displayed or as a text file export.

I'm open to methods from either Kontakt or Native Access.

Thanks,

T Tabor

Tagged:

Comments

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

You can use filerfrog to create text files from your folder structure.

• tleetabor
    tleetabor Member Posts: 2 Member

Paule,

Thanks for the reply and your time, but I don't think this does what I want. From what I can tell, that app just gives a text representation of a hard drives folder structure. And I can get that info directly from File Explorer, albeit ,aybe not in text form. What I'm trying to get is a list of the connected "containing folders" for all of my installed Kontakt libraries in order to safely delete the unused (not connected) copies of the libraries stored at various places on my hard drives. And additionally, to facilitate breaking and reconnecting Libraries if they are not connected to the copy of the library that I intend for them to be copied to.

Again, I know how to display the connected "Containing Folder" for each library individually , both through Native Access as well as through Kontakt directly. But with dozens of installed libraries in my system and backup copies of most of those libraries on multiple hard drives in my system, it is tedious and time consuming to gather that info for all my libraries.