Listening PC audio through the Controller Traktor S3 (headphone/speaker)

Hi everybody,

Using my old Traktor S2 Mk2 I could choose (on laptop)a soundcard among the PC standard soundcard (Realtek) or Traktor S2 Monitor or Traktor S2 Master. Selecting Monitor I could listen every song playing on laptop in my headphones. Selecting Master I could listen every song playing on laptop through the speakers connected to the controller.

Now I own a Traktor S3 Controller and... I can choose among only two possibility on my laptop...the PC standard soundcard (Realtek) or Traktor Linea3... Finally now I can't hear anything playing on my PC neither by headphones, neither by the speakers connected to the controller.

Any suggestion?!? Please help me

Warm regards

Fabrizio

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    Answer ✓

To my understanding it's because the S3 is a class compliant device without a driver for windows. If you use traktor isn't there an ASIO option under audio device where it now is set to wasapi shared mode. I also asked at native, but i fear you can't have out 1/2 (master) and 3/4 (monitor) devided under windows.

Answers

• Uwe303

Hello,

can you open the device manager and check if you see there the audio device 1/2 and 3/4, it should be there. What windows version do you use?

• El Flaco
    El Flaco Member Posts: 3 Member

Hello Uwe303,

Thx for your reply, I'm using Win 10 22H2 built 19045.2311.

Cheking the device manager I can't find the audio device 1/2 and 3/4... below I attach all screenshots that may explain better my actual configuration.

This morning I tried again to solve the problem and I noted that playing a song using the software AIMP the sound play from the controller regularly (but only in master mode, I can't pre-listen)... using VLC no!!! I can't understand why... I believe that soundcard configuration are the same (have a look of the last attached screenshot).

I can't also understand why in my Traktor S2 Mk2 there were two possibility of choise (MASTER/MONITOR). It was very useful for me. 😪

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

To my understanding it's because the S3 is a class compliant device without a driver for windows. If you use traktor isn't there an ASIO option under audio device where it now is set to wasapi shared mode. I also asked at native, but i fear you can't have out 1/2 (master) and 3/4 (monitor) devided under windows.

• El Flaco
    El Flaco Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2022

Thank you so much for your reply Uwe303. I bought an S3 controller because it have 4 channel that I could manage. With my other controller (S2 Mk2) I used an external mixer only if I needed to manage other devices farther S2 and PC (for example a mobile/tablet). Now I don't need a mixer to manage S3 and a mobile/tablet, but I need it if I want use laptop.

I hope NI could solve this problem. 😔😔😔😔