Absynth presets from earlier versions available?

bill5
bill5 Member Posts: 24 Member
edited August 2022 in Massive X & Synths

Years ago someone had Absynth and I was fortunate to be introduced to it then, and spent many hours testing and documenting the presets. Fast forward this year and I found it on sale for an insane price and snapped it up. But some of the presets I found and liked then aren't in this version. ?? Odd because it appears to have presets from earlier versions (and I'm 99% sure the older version was 5.X). Anyone know how I can get them?

Tagged:

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Is this by any chance what you're looking for? Does anyone still have an Absynth 2 sound bank?

• bill5
    edited September 2022

Appreciate it, but that link doesn't work. The page it takes me to says "you must log in," but I'm already logged in, and when I click the "Log in" button, nothing happens.

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

I got them all from the Blindeddie Link. Thanks Kaiwan.

• Paule
    edited December 2022

An info only!

Erm, after converting the .glo from Absynth 2, the instrument can't convert anymore folders from both: .ksd or .glo but the single converting from .ksd to .nabs is possible. .glo is dead for discontinued Absynth.

The message from .glo is: This isn't an Absynth file.

Starting a ksd folder and followed to a different destination folder, Absynth crashes without message.

SOLVED:

The installer send all .glo files to C:\program files (X86)

The message don't shows up if I change the path and copy all .glo files to D:\

All is fine!

• bill5

A last hopeful bump on this -

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited May 2023

Have a dig around in here - I uploaded everything I had (apart from commercial banks) converted .nabs and added previews plus tidied up bank names so they all work in Komplete Kontrol

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d5hqw2ksuz7nsfs/AABxf0Hnn24OhVtLxheieGSNa?dl=0

Note the commercial banks (such as Biolabs) I still uploaded the previews for but not the actual presets so as not to breach copyright - so the .nabs are just for factory banks and this from the old user library but I have had Absynth since v3 so have all the original banks despite changes

Also you should have an Absynth Legacy folder that might have some of them

• bill5

Appreciate it - the presets I'm looking for aren't in any of the older/legacy folders but good to call that out. It's weird that they would not include the presets from a just slightly older version.

I doubt this helps, but here are a few of the presets I'm talking about that are missing:

A scanner darkly 
    Abyss
    Accents
    Accompany Piano 
    Acid Fiddler
    Acid Machine Saw

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited May 2023

A Scanner Darkly is from the Biolabs addons by CamelAudio, it wasn't a factory patch in any version, there is also one with that name in Absynth Twilights which was also created by CamelAudio but released by NI as an add-on

There's an Abyss in the Factory 2 Absynth patches - not sure if it's the same one

Accents is definitely still in Absynth 5 factory sounds and I see another copy in Absynth Legacy

Accompany Piano is in the Best of Absynth soundset and also found in Absynth Legacy

Acid Fiddler and Acid Machine Saw are Absynth 1 factory sounds

• Paule

A Scanner Darkly

Is a bank from @arachnaut for Skanner XT and Skanner Holiday Gift 2008.

• bill5

Hey I found some of these in the Factory 1 and 2 presets (I don't recall installing them before but I won't argue with results) and others when I did a reinstall.

Again appreciate the replies!

• arachnaut
    arachnaut Member Posts: 81 Advisor

I did indeed make the presets for Skanner called 'A Scanner Darkly' a very long time ago...

The name was taken from a sci-fi story.