OLD EQWL Gold pro xp serial number problem

nikolasideris
nikolasideris Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi,

After a very long time, I've decided to relaunch Cubase 8.5 (this is what I've got and I'm happy with it), along with Kontakt 6 (the free version of course).

Ages ago I had bought a number of libraries, including LASS 2, vapor, adrenaline, and EWQL gold xp pro, which is what I'm after. Currently the normal Gold seems to be installed in native access, while the gold xp pro not. When I try to add the serial number of xp pro, I'm getting a perpetual message "please wait", which after 20 minutes I shut down.

Bottom line, I'd like to use my old library, yet I can only get the red DEMO words inside Cubase/Kontakt, and I can't input the serial number. I can't ask Native access to install xp pro, cause it's the SAME path that the normal gold is, so I'm stuck.

Any ideas on how to start using the library?

Best Answer

• nikolasideris
    Answer ✓

Hi to both,

Stephen, I was able to install successfully Gold xp pro with Native Access 1.14.1 (if I'm not mistaken).

It's a pity that in the meantime I subscribed to soundsonline composer cloud (it is only $19.99 per month and I'll stop it right now, as I really don't need it). My further problem with composers cloud is that some libraries are HUGE. I mean I'd love to get the Hollywood stuff, but they are enormous.

Oh well... problem solved in any case, so I'm back to work.

Thanks so much!

Ps. It is the old Kompakt library and I kidna liked Kompakt itself, but it's been discontinued for a while now, so...

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

A search on the product page.

So it seems to be discontinued

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 276 Pro
    edited December 2022

A common problem and you should absolutely be able to instal this splendid library with Native Access. If you can't get it to work you should certainly complain to NI.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006053397-Service-Center-and-Legacy-Products-End-of-Life

Before you do, if all else fails, if you've been using Native Access 2 you might try downloading the old version of NA (version 1.14.1) which might work better for the so-called "legacy" libraries.

A sudden thought - make sure your version of XP pro is the early Kompakt version. There may have been a later version which will only run on the East West's own player.

And I do vaguely remember I had a slightly odd feeling that the installation had been "patched". There is a paragraph in the instructions which I highlighted in red which said

NOTE you need only to run the installer on your Pro XP Disc One...do not run the installer on the original Disc One

No idea if this is still important. (And I haven't ever installed it myself with Native Access.)

Please let us know how you get on.

• nikolasideris
    Answer ✓

Hi to both,

Stephen, I was able to install successfully Gold xp pro with Native Access 1.14.1 (if I'm not mistaken).

It's a pity that in the meantime I subscribed to soundsonline composer cloud (it is only $19.99 per month and I'll stop it right now, as I really don't need it). My further problem with composers cloud is that some libraries are HUGE. I mean I'd love to get the Hollywood stuff, but they are enormous.

Oh well... problem solved in any case, so I'm back to work.

Thanks so much!

Ps. It is the old Kompakt library and I kidna liked Kompakt itself, but it's been discontinued for a while now, so...