Native Access not working on MacBook Pro with M1 Pro chip

DJBoni
DJBoni Member Posts: 39 Member

Native Access never get's any further on my MacBook Pro with M1 Pro chip than shown on my screenshot.

Native Access however works fine om my Mac mini M1 en Macbook Air M1.

Comments

• DJBoni

Need some help!

I noticed that Traktor DJ 3.6.2 is released today but i can't download it on my MacBook Pro M1 since Native Access doesn't work on this machine.😕

• A_J_1
    A_J_1 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited November 2022

I'm having the exact same issue on my Mac Studio. I've tried using both the M1 version of Native Access 2 and the Intel version of Native Access 2 via Mac's Rosetta yet get the same result as DJBoni with both attempts. The installation gets stuck and then doesn't proceed. I need help too with the exact same thing!

I've got a few libraries that I use in my DAW with Kontakt player that I'm not able to use on my new computer due to the Native Access compatibility issue. Please help!

• kultschar
    kultschar Member Posts: 2 Member

My NI Native FX VST3s dont finish scanning in Bitwig but ok in Ableton. Anybody else have this problem? My other M1 Native plugins (main apps) all seem ok.

• bmw1870
    bmw1870 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Native Access doesn't work. I just upgraded to the M1

• choochootrain
    choochootrain Member Posts: 4 Member

I have an M1 Pro Max Mac, OSX 12.6. Native Access loads fine, sometimes it fails to update the UI when installing the plugins, but I can get through that. However, when I connect the Mikro Mk3, the display flashes Maschine Mikro then disappears.

No issues on my Intel based MacBook Pro with OSX 12.6.

M1 has been around for a couple of years. Shocking NI can't fix this.

• DJBoni
    edited December 2022

What a suprise, i've updated my MacBook Pro 16 inch M1 Pro to macOS Ventura 13.0.1 (coming from macOS 12.6) and now Native Access works!

• DJBoni

Again NOT working on my MacBook Pro 16 inch M1 Pro with macOS Ventura 13.1.

Native Access however remains working fine on my Mac mini M1 en Macbook Air M1 with macOS Ventura 13.1. as well.

• DJBoni

Still NOT working on my MacBook Pro 16 inch with M1 Pro chip!

• DJBoni

Still NOT working on my MacBook Pro 16 inch with M1 Pro chip!

• noa343
    noa343 Member Posts: 1 Member

Same issue on a new M1 Mac Studio on OS 13.3 Ventura. Native Access just never gets past that screen.

• DJBoni
    edited April 2023

Still NOT working on my MacBook Pro 16 inch with M1 Pro chip and OS 13.3 Ventura.

• DJBoni

Yes, version 3.3.0 finally works!

• juju
    juju Member Posts: 5 Member

I'm trying to install Native Access on my new Mac Pro/M1/16GB/Ventura 3.0/ and it gets stuck at start up says "unable to start the NTK Daemon. Please restart Native Access." Any ideas? I've removed it twice and redownloaded it but still coming up like that.

• juju
    juju Member Posts: 5 Member

FYI - I downloaded Native Access Mac M1. Should I download Mac Intel instead? New to Mac's so any help would be dope

• Dissekt
    Dissekt Member Posts: 4 Member

The M1 installer is correct for your system. It’s not just yourself who are experiencing this issue.

The issue seems to be that the separate NTK Daemon installer within the NA2 3.3.0 package contents still requires Rosetta 2 however we’re not being prompted of this as we were with previous versions of NA2.

This has been raised with the devs who we’re told are investigating as we speak.