Massive vst3, no sound in FL Studio when i adjust the knobs

Dr.Um
Dr.Um Member Posts: 8 Member
edited November 2022 in Massive X & Synths

When I open Massive vst3 in Fl.studio 20 it plays sound until I adjust any knob then it goes quiet. I then have to close the window and reopen it to hear the adjusted sound. seriously frustrating. I hope somone knows what my problem is, I appreciate your help.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@Dr.Um I meant PC or Mac mostly. Thanks for all the details. I can see what the issue now. It's in fact a known issue for Massive. If you use the computer keyboard to play the notes, when you edit the plug-in with the mouse or use the GUI, it breaks the connection with the computer keyboard. Unfortunately, apart from using a real keyboard there is no workaround.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @Dr.Um What is your operating system? Do you mean that the midi clip / pattern in FL Studio goes quiet ? Or you don't hear the notes when you play a keyboard ?

• Dr.Um

hi jeremy, thanks for the fast response. im pretty new to all of this, when you say whats my operating system does that mean my laptop? im on intel i7 16gb ram, or 32 bit/ 64 bit? when i have the synth window open (photo below) on massive I can play notes on my laptops keyboard but when I adjust any knobs in the synth then the sound becomes silent. I have to close the synth and re open it to hear the changes the knob adjustememt has made.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@Dr.Um I meant PC or Mac mostly. Thanks for all the details. I can see what the issue now. It's in fact a known issue for Massive. If you use the computer keyboard to play the notes, when you edit the plug-in with the mouse or use the GUI, it breaks the connection with the computer keyboard. Unfortunately, apart from using a real keyboard there is no workaround.

• Dr.Um

hi jeremy, I am PC. so if I get myself a MIDI keyboard this wouldnt happen?

• Jeremy_NI

@Dr.Um You wouldn't have this issue with a MIDI keyboard.

• Dr.Um

Great! thanks for help mate. One more question I have come across this ( what is pictured). I am new to the DAW and just trying different things to see what they do. I have dragged this onto a track (called Bacic-Mosaic) on the list on the left. what is it and how do I get rid of?

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @Dr.Um I can help on NI's stuff but I'm not a FL Studio expert!

• Dr.Um

hi jeremy. yeh sweet as, I might try a fl studio forum for that one then. Thanks so much for all your help!

• Crackers07
    Crackers07 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited April 2023

@Dr.Um @Jeremy_NI

I actually found a fix for this. I copied the Massive.dll file from

C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit

and pasted it to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Native Instruments\VST

I then added the new directory to the FL Studio plugin scanner, and scanned for new plugins.

Once the scan completes I enabled the 32 bit folder directory plugin, and disabled the 64bit directory.

After doing that I am now able to make adjustments to the VST and play a note immediately via a computer keyboard.

So it appears that there is an issue with Massive in 64 bit mode.