s49 not properly recognized inside Kontakt 7

Matt Bosch
Matt Bosch Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi guys, would love some help with this issue. My s49 mkII works properly inside Maschine, also inside Komplete Kontrol- however when I try to use it in a standalone instance of Kontakt 7 or using Kontakt 7 as a plugin in Ableton (not routed through maschine) it only recognizes the s49 as a midi controller in midi mode. I cannot switch out of midi mode- the broswer and NI integration features don't work- just the blue keys with basic midi mode. I have tried configuring my MIDI input settings in Kontakt 7 and it doesnt seem to solve the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did check to see if it works properly in the older version of Kontakt and it does not. Same issue there.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 450 Pro
    Answer ✓

That's normal. If you load Komplete Kontrol rather than Kontakt as the plugin your S49 should work normally. You can then enable the full Kontakt interface within Komplete Kontrol by selecting the plus (+) sign at the top of your Komplete Kontrol interface. You just have to make sure you have the track armed for recording for it to switch to the correct plugin configuration for that track.

Answers

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 450 Pro
    Answer ✓

That's normal. If you load Komplete Kontrol rather than Kontakt as the plugin your S49 should work normally. You can then enable the full Kontakt interface within Komplete Kontrol by selecting the plus (+) sign at the top of your Komplete Kontrol interface. You just have to make sure you have the track armed for recording for it to switch to the correct plugin configuration for that track.

• Matt Bosch
    Matt Bosch Member Posts: 2 Member

awesome, thank you! I was almost assuming that it was supposed to be that way due to the lack of information that I could find on the "problem" but this makes sense that it needs to be routed through maschine or komplete kontrol. Must be a feature of Kontakt that helps it work more universally.