Help!! All is static in Maschine!

Davo
Davo Member Posts: 12 Member
edited December 2022 in Maschine

Please someone help me. I was working on a project on machine and I switched over to another project and noticed that everything sounded distorted and static he. So I thought that was just that one project then I checked all my other project. Everything is full of static and distortion. Then I tried loading some samples and instruments everything is full of static and distorted. I don’t know what to do. I went into my preferences and changed the sample rate to all the different ones available and nothing works. What happened? Im using a macbook air m1 chip running on the newest IOS im alao using an audio interface. I tried troubleshooting by connecting to various outputs. Through headphones through my studio monitors through my computer, nothing seems to change the fact that everything is full of static and distorted. Is anybody else experiencing the same thing?

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Davo What audio interface are you using? Is that also happening if you use the onboard soundcard of your Mac? What are your audio settings? Sample Frequency ? Buffer size ?

Are you running Maschine in Rosetta mode or in M1 native mode? How to Open Your DAW Using Rosetta

Also note that not all our products are officially supported on MacOS 13 (Ventura), only the Maschine ans Komplete Kontrol do but there are other NI plug-ins that are not yet there. I'm not sure if that's related to your issue but worth mentioning.

• Davo

Hello, thank you for your response. Actually, the weirdest thing is happening to me right now I’ve been using machine and the software since 2011, Ive never experienced this.

I did everything you suggested , I checked off all the boxes, I use Rosetta I checked the sample rate and frequency and the buffer rate it’s all correct. I think it’s an issue with Apple because it gets crazier !

I have 100s of old songs on file on my phone and as a point of reference i decided to listen to my old songs via my phone and my files on my laptop and they all sound exactly the way it sounds when I’m using the machine software currently in real time!! it staticky ,sounds metallic, devoid of any low ends or base plus all the samples on some of theses songs are crackling and scratchy and hissy and these are songs that I made three years ago! problem is, I don’t have any other means of listening to it other than on an Apple product like my iPhone, and my MacBook Air , I really think it has to do with the new iOS perhaps Ventura ? Because it only started happening a couple of weeks after i updated . Maybe cant handle the bit rate ? I have No idea:( is there a setting on my mac i need to change?

At first i thought i was going crazy or that my ears somehow are shot or that this is how I originally mix and mastered them but thats nuts i cant be that bad! but i made friends and family listen and they all agreed. Has anybody else complained about any of this? Its a very strange phenomenon

please help! what can you suggest ? can i go back to and old iOS?

• Davo

Btw i use a scarlet 2i2 focusrite 2 channel audio interface and i also have a numark 2 channel mixer and the audio interface on the maschine mk3 which i alternated between all of them and still sound like ****** lol

• Davo

Im currently working on a project and this really is unfortunate timing

thank you so much 😊

• Jeremy_NI

@Davo What you describe does not seem to be an issue with the Maschine software. Have you tried other audio files? What sample frequency are these files? Please try to listen on a different setup. Maybe this will help: Mac Tuning Tips for Audio Processing Other than that, you might want to check with Apple on this one.

• Davo

Theyre all at 48000 512

i tried everything under the sun im pretty sure its an issue with Maschine software since some samples work while others clips and crackles fuzzy sounds. For instance all kick drums and bass sounds are all unusable anymore while other sounds work fine also any keys or pad sounds in library all sound terrible. Anything under massive doesn’t work properly too. I tried changing all parameters all sample rates nothing works! Its so frustrating what if i uninstall and reinstall the software? If its a apple issue they might not have updated there compatibility with sample rates? Not sure

• Davo

The other thing often get actually, always get, is an error message everytime i go to the mixing page and adjust the volume . It says “ kontakt 7 please close and restart kontakt after a sample rate change” i haven’t done any sample rate change just adjusted the volume…

• Jeremy_NI

@Davo And this is only happening with our instruments and programs? Other DAWs or synths are working normally? When you play a youtube video everything works as expected?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

You didn't get back to us. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_maschine

This discussion has been closed.