Snap to next Bar Marker???

I’m having a bit of a senior moment here…

How do I get Traktor to snap to the next bar marker? I use DVS, so sometimes Traktor stops between beats.

is there a way to skip to next downbeat? I’m currently having to set a cue marker (which, obviously, snaps to the grid) then delete that marker to get me onto the beat grid, so that my beat jumps all land in beat markers?

So - is there a “snap/skip to grid”, without having to create then delete a cue marker???

Comments

• AudiFreq
    AudiFreq Member Posts: 20 Member

do you have quantise turned on?

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 227 Pro

Sometimes…

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 566 Pro

I have never tried this, but maybe push cue while you hold the jog?

If not. Mapping!

You map a small loop 1/32 with the modifier conditions set to deck play = off.

Then map the loop active to off with invert activated. Same button. As well as the loop size to 4 or 8 with invert activated.

This will cause the grid to snap. (With snap activated of course.)

Sorry if this sounds complicated.

If you would like I can send you the keyboard map as an example. Then you can map the commands to whatever you have available.

I use this mapping trick in combination with beatjump move mapping to scroll tracks exactly on beat.

• Patch

Very interesting. It’s definitely a mapping that I’m trying to figure out here.

I’ll have a go and see how I get on with the commands you’ve mentioned.

• zephry

Ok so my mapping is more for my own workflow of scrolling tracks not playing.

But as I was thinking. Drop your fader then move jog so you are close to the downbeat push cue. This works on the S4mk3 at least.

The small loop mapping I did is super close but if you zoom in you do see that you miss a tiny bit of transient on the kick (downbeat), it isn't perfectly on beat. I don't mind because it still lines up good enough.

Without mapping you can also.

Set a loop on the non playing track at 1 beat.

Move the loop to the downbeat.

Tighten to 1/32 then increase to 4 or 8.

Turn off loop.

• zephry
    edited December 2022

Like this?

• Patch

Sorry mate - I should have mentioned... This is all while the track is already stopped, and is to allow me to prepare the track for playing by setting cue markers.

• Patch

I'm an absolute idiot. Of course, pressing CUE snaps to the next/previous/closest grid marker. 🤣

• zephry

Yep, but to get to the next downbeat without making any noise my example of moving the loop is very quick. Also be careful with that cue button. Lol. I avoid it especially in any mappings.

I assumed you were trying to automatically jump to the downbeat. Which would be an awesome feature. I think it has been asked for a few times. Or at least snap to grid in mapping would also be nice.