M1 Update status of Fm8 & Super8

DannyDan
DannyDan Member Posts: 12 Member

hi just wondering if there is any update on the status of if or when the M1 Update for Fm8 & Super8 is coming, thanks :)

Comments

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

Nico wrote in early 2023 for Mac and win 11 - Reaktor 6 also.

• Splicer
    Splicer Member Posts: 17 Member

So that means we might have to wait another 4 months at least for fixes for bugs that were reported a year ago for Super 8, and no resizing ever if it's going back to Reaktor. It's a shame. Super 8 could have been so good.

• robertroff
    robertroff Member Posts: 11 Member

Terrible news about super 8. The vst version is much nicer to use. I think many of us had hoped to see other major Reaktor ensembles as separate plugins. NI keep making bad decisions.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert
    edited December 2022

I have always preferred the Reaktor version - you can boost the sound quality as in all Reaktor ensembles by increasing the audio rate, you can't do that with the plugin version. Also it can be modded.

I do hope though that the Reaktor version will get a higher res and larger GUI and the 200 or so extra presets that came with the plugin version.

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 356 Pro

Thanks for the info. Can you tell how the transition will work? Will there be a new version of Super 8 which removes the VST3 and installs it as a Reaktor ensemble?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,291 mod

@Splicer @robertroff Unfortunately Super 8 didn't meet a huge success, so the idea to develop standalone Reaktor synths was dropped. I understand it's annoying for the workflow. I'll make a proper post when I have a bit more time on my hands.

• Jeremy_NI

@chk071 Unfortunately, there will be no transition. My advise would be to render the tracks where you were using Super 8 as a standalone synth and start using the Reaktor version. If you're on WIndows, you can still use Super 8 as a standalone synth. It will only be a problem with Mac users with a M1, as Super 8 standalone will never get M1 native support. Anyway we'll be here to assist if you need.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert

Also sad to hear that Super 8 - as a standalone - will no longer be developed further. It's a cool synth, but if the numbers say otherwise... 🤷‍♂️

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

@Jeremy_NI

And, what about licences? I have licence for plugin version, but probably not for Reaktor one. Will I get the Reaktor one licence as a user of plugin version?

• Jeremy_NI

@Kubrak Yes, of course, we'll provide a licence for the Reaktor version to Super 8 owners if they didn't own the Reaktor version before. Just let me know.

• nanotable
    nanotable Member Posts: 93 Advisor

Thanks for the clarification, Jeremy. Is this very message sufficient to get the Reaktor license or should I DM you?

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 356 Pro
    edited December 2022

Thank you, also for answering the question about the license, which I wondered about as well.

I still have the Reaktor version of Super 8 as a license as well (both show in Native Access), so, I guess the "transition" will be as easy as an update for the Reaktor version. ;)

• Jeremy_NI

@nanotable I'll do a dedicated post on how we'll deal with this, as we have to find the easiest way for you. Right now we have a lot to do so this has to wait a little. I hope it's ok.