Does it ever get cheaper?

Nielsbrinck
Nielsbrinck Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi guys

Sorry if this has been asked a bunch before, I didn't find any recent post (may be lack of brain).

Am out of the loop, as I have been focusing on family and a studio I'm building - has unfortunately taken way longer than expected. Am expected to start working again (music) within a few months.

My questions are:

• I own NI Komplete ultimate 10, so is now the cheapest time to upgrade? Or are NI better during holiday season, or?
  • And are the producers of music, who finds COLLECTORS EDITION worth it? I mean it takes more space I suppose, and options sometimes confuse more than they contribute?

Thank you in bunches for replying and bringing me up to date šŸ™šŸ»

/Niels

Best Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert
    edited December 2022 Answer āœ“

To answer your first question: Komplete 14 just came out very recently, so... no discounts for it in this sale!

Probably the best time to upgrade/update would be next year's Summer of Sound sale (when upgrades and updates are 50% off).

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    Answer āœ“

@Nielsbrinck

Or you may buy secondhand Upgrade/Update to K13U or K13U CE, if you do not want wait till Summer Sale.

Answer to your second question. I have K13U CE and like it. I do not use plentifull of Expansions (my little son - 5 years - does), but I appreciate Cremona Quartet and Symphony Series.

K14U CE probably adds few more comparing to K14U, but generally, if you do not have use for classical music instruments in higher version, then K14U will do quite well. Also, if you Upgrade to Ultimate CE, further Updates to higher versions will be more expensive comparing to situation you will stick to Ultimate.

So, for orchestral/cinematic music, it may be worth to upgrade to Ultimate CE. Or for heavy users of Expansions. Otherwise, not so much. It takes a lot of space on disc, takes loooong to install and as you mentioned, the more possibilities, the more "confusion", what to utilize....

Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert
    edited December 2022 Answer āœ“

To answer your first question: Komplete 14 just came out very recently, so... no discounts for it in this sale!

Probably the best time to upgrade/update would be next year's Summer of Sound sale (when upgrades and updates are 50% off).

• Nielsbrinck

Thanks guys. Excellent advice šŸ‘šŸ»

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    Answer āœ“

@Nielsbrinck

Or you may buy secondhand Upgrade/Update to K13U or K13U CE, if you do not want wait till Summer Sale.

Answer to your second question. I have K13U CE and like it. I do not use plentifull of Expansions (my little son - 5 years - does), but I appreciate Cremona Quartet and Symphony Series.

K14U CE probably adds few more comparing to K14U, but generally, if you do not have use for classical music instruments in higher version, then K14U will do quite well. Also, if you Upgrade to Ultimate CE, further Updates to higher versions will be more expensive comparing to situation you will stick to Ultimate.

So, for orchestral/cinematic music, it may be worth to upgrade to Ultimate CE. Or for heavy users of Expansions. Otherwise, not so much. It takes a lot of space on disc, takes loooong to install and as you mentioned, the more possibilities, the more "confusion", what to utilize....

• Nielsbrinck

Thanks also Kubrak. Good thoughts šŸ‘šŸ»