Reaktor Factory Selection = Reaktor Player?

Bernard Hankins
Bernard Hankins Member Posts: 20 Member

I thought I knew but now I am confused.

Isn't Reaktor Factory Selection R2 (aka Reakttor Player) just select sounds from full Reaktor 6? Similar to how Kontakt Factory Selection is Kontakt Player with selected sounds from the full Kontakt.

Confused as to why my full Reaktor was in demo mode until I installed Reaktor Factory Selection R2. Why would I need to activate a player version to make the full version to work and not the reverse?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@Bernard Hankins Weird indeed! Sometimes this demo message can be fixed by reinstalling Reaktor itself, it's weird that it happened with the Reaktor Factory Selection. Everything is in order now?

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod

Strange, thing cause you are absolutely right about selection, you don't need it with the full reaktor version and the reaktor library that comes with it. Maybe installing it started a process in the background but normally this should not happen this way.

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

Reaktor Factory Selection R2

I don't know what is it. R2 = Reaktor version 2

My factory ensembles named Factory Library not Selection

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod

Reaktor factory selection R2 is just a newer version of the factory library as far as I know. And as I said, if you have the full version them you don't need those selection products. They coming with komplete start for example.

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited December 2022

Thanks Uwe, I never own a Reaktor Player. Start with R4 Session, a commercial product more than a player and upgrade to R5 a year later. R6 upgrade in autumn 2015.

Yes R2 never runs. The first Reaktor version was 2.3: from Dynamo and Generator, the first projects by the founder of NI build a new one. From two SDK's build a third = 2.3

I don't need Komplete Start and my „daw“ is a very small one Magix Music Maker from 2016 to arrange audio clips and render the tracks to a piece of soundesign. Mayhaps you can call it a song but I'm no musician and nobody is singing a song.

Deep in my hdd are two old files: one build with Generator 1.5.1 the other with Dynamo 1.0. Both works fine in R6.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@Bernard Hankins Weird indeed! Sometimes this demo message can be fixed by reinstalling Reaktor itself, it's weird that it happened with the Reaktor Factory Selection. Everything is in order now?

• Bernard Hankins
    Bernard Hankins Member Posts: 20 Member

@Jeremy_NI Thanks. Yeah everything is working now. I actually tried uninstall/reinstall of Reaktor a couple times and even that didn't work. So then I jokingly installed R2 selection as a last resort. But that's when the activate message went away.