Download failed

Richi (SDC)
Richi (SDC) Member Posts: 22 Member

Hello. I have been with the same error for 3 days. Newly formatted computer...help me, please! thx!!

the other software is installed perfectly

Komplete 13 Ultimate

Best Answer

• Ram
    Ram Member Posts: 4 Member
    Answer ✓

Richi, I found a solution for me.. Quite weird. I had to click the restore locations for all folders.

I was suprised when it started downloading for the first time "Hybrid keys" I just picked one that didn't work.

After that i tried restoring the paths that I wanted but then again I got "download failed". Clicked the "Restore defaults" again and it downloaded again to my /user/shared folder..

I then moved every singel library to my SSD disk and repaired the paths inside NA2.

Let me know if this helps for you too :D

Answers

• Mark Oxley
    Mark Oxley Member Posts: 123 Helper

Seems to be a common issue with Native Access 2. I also had many failed downloads but after deleting the .iso downloaded files for each of them I tried again and most did download and install second time round. Still can’t get the Kontakt factory library 2 to install even when it does download though. Not sure if it’s a server issue or NA2 issue. Waiting to get an answer from NI.

• Richi (SDC)
    edited November 2022

After some days I'm still the same...

• Ram

I have the exact same problem. Komplete 13 std. on hard drive trying to install on Samsung T7 shield SSD. Wasted a day now trying to find a solution. It's really really annoying and starting to regret buying it.

Richi have you requested support? Shouldn't have to wait longer than 24 hours.

• Richi (SDC)

Hello Ram, I've been with him for several years and it's the first time it's happened to me, I think it's something specific.

I have not requested support...I always comment here and they usually help me.

but if you tell me how to ask for support, I'll do it

• Richi (SDC)
    edited November 2022

4 days later I still get the same error....

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,299 mod

@Richi (SDC) Have you given Full Disk Access to Native Access and the NTKDAemon ? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

This is where to find the NTKDaemon:

Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > NTK > NTKDaemon

If that doesn't fix the issue, what did you choose for installation locations in Native Access ?

• Ram

Hi Jeremy,

I can only speak for myself but I have the exact same libraries that doesn't download. Yes, I've granted full disk access. Tried every tricked I could find in the community yesterday..

The download location for me is set to my newly bought Samsung T7 shield 2TB. AFPS GUID on OSX 12.6.1 and just under a folder called kontakt. I've tried set another location i.e desktop or my regular download folder. The thing is that is doesn't download a single byte to what I can see and the error message says "Download failed".

The content location is on the same SSD.

NA2 is in the default app folder and

Quite frustrating. I've asked for NI help and I hope they see my Zendesk ticket.

• Richi (SDC)

Yes, all the remainder of the package installs perfectly...

• Ram
    Answer ✓

Richi, I found a solution for me.. Quite weird. I had to click the restore locations for all folders.

I was suprised when it started downloading for the first time "Hybrid keys" I just picked one that didn't work.

After that i tried restoring the paths that I wanted but then again I got "download failed". Clicked the "Restore defaults" again and it downloaded again to my /user/shared folder..

I then moved every singel library to my SSD disk and repaired the paths inside NA2.

Let me know if this helps for you too :D

• Richi (SDC)

ok thank you very much Ram this worked for me.

greetings friend

• snattack
    snattack Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited February 2023

This worked for me as well.

NI Access 2 is the biggest piece of garbage software ever created. I haven't opened it a single time without issues. EVERYTIME there is something wrong. And I have three systems, mixed Intel/M1, and completely fresh systems: doesn't matter. Still doesn't work. And it's not just me, everyone I know in the business has issues.

They should throw out the entire framework and re-work it from the ground up. I have no other downloades/file management softwares that works as badly.

• Richi (SDC)

jaja I think the same in each letter...