Download: Available immediately is Misleading and a Lie and Needs to be Fixed.

luccisa
luccisa Member Posts: 2 Member

I am not a happy customer. I placed my order more than 22 hours ago and fully expected to wake up this morning and get to work. But, I still don't have the items I paid for. You sent me an invoice email that stated I should already have a link to the downloads, but I do not. The fact that my order is under review for some kind of fraud is insulting, ridiculous and misleading. It's insulting because, making me wait for some person to review a digital order is basically telling me you think I may be a criminal and you have to verify that I am not before I receive the products I paid for. I AM NOT A CRIMINAL!! I was a customer, not sure if I will be in the future. It's ridiculous because you control the license from the cloud, making fraud very unlikely and difficult. So, you are insulting your customers for no good reason. It's misleading because your website says "Download: Available immediately" when ordering. This is a lie. It should say, "Download Available after review," and you should make it clear that a live person needs to approve the order and what hours/days people actually do the reviews.

I opened a support ticket, but no response at all yet. Do you not provide support on the weekends? Am I your only customer that works weekends? This is awful service and looking through the discussions I see that I am not the only customer that has had to suffer the long wait for a DIGITAL product. Someone needs to review and approve my order NOW!

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi! I see that you were able to download your purchased items now. Most of the orders placed on our website are available right away but in some cases they might be available in a couple of business days after the purchase. This is due to security measures. Also we operate Monday-Friday at the moment, sorry for the inconvenience.

• luccisa
    luccisa Member Posts: 2 Member

This is not a satisfactory response. The ordering process does not say, "Most orders available right away unless there is a security measure in place." It says, "Download: Available Immediately." Beyond that, in my case, no further information was given as to why my order was not available or why my order for Digital items under $500 was flagged for some security check. I even received an email invoice that falsely stated that my order was ready when it was not. I was just left Googling the issue till I found that a lot of other people had complained about this process dating back before 2017 on both NI Community posts and in various other online communities. The fact that no support is offered on the weekend is also very disappointing. Most entertainment shows happen on the weekends, that's when support is most needed as in my case. (btw, My order took almost 2 days to complete which is far too long for a digital download.) NI should at least have a person on call over the weekend like every other company that offers support. I still have no explanation as to why my order had to go through a security check and I find that somewhat insulting, like I've been treated like a criminal for no reason at all and everyone at NI is just okay with that, I am not. Are all orders checked for security or just this one? If they are all checked and need to be approved, then you are misleading your customers by lying about orders being available immediately. If not, then someone needs to explain why my order was flagged so I can avoid that in the future should I place another order (which at this point is highly unlikely). Anything less is deceitful and very poor support and customer service and if I were you, I would escelate this issue to someone in authority like a manager who can begin the process to fix this issue once and for all and stop NI from engaging this deceitful and unnecessary practice.

• selekta ian
    selekta ian Member Posts: 5 Member

I'm going through the same thing. I've purchased an Expansion with a voucher from NI the night before, I was able to download the order within a few minutes & the following night, I ordered the additional Expansion with another voucher that NI sent me, it's been almost 24 hours & I have still not received my order for a Digital Download. NI has charged my CC & My order is still under review. I have emailed NI & No response. This is the only website, I have this issue with. All other site's I can download my software right away after purchasing. NI needs to fix this issue ASAP. I will no longer purchase anything from the NI Store. It's misleading & takes way too long to receive a confirmation to download your purchase. But, It worked perfect with first order, the night before.

UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER!!!

NI GET YOUR STUFF TOGETHER, THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE WITH YOUR ONLINE STORE.

THIS PROCESS IS SERIOUSLY FLAWED!!!

• myalteredsoul
    myalteredsoul Member Posts: 201 Advisor

I’m thinking they are having some back end issues cause I can’t access any of my previous purchases right now. I’m about 3 days behind on work right now

• selekta ian
    selekta ian Member Posts: 5 Member

Man, Sorry to hear that.

But, This is for a product download, not a shipped product. Customer Support needs to be overhauled.

They need to fix this problem, ASAP.

It's not only the online store, But also with Traktor Pro 3 & not giving us DJ's more options to use other controllers, besides NI.

It's a great company as far as their products, But company support & giving the customer what they ask for is a very slow process. It's forced me to get Serato DJ Pro to be able to use the controllers, I really like, But Serato does not come close to Traktor & their products.

NI is losing a lot of money by ignoring it's customers & It's been that way for years.... #STAYBLESSED

• Steve13
    Steve13 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I agree that the manual approval is a major downside to these products and services.

• RB500
    RB500 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hm, lesson learned reading through these comments. It would probably be clearer if NI stated in the webstore that purchases made over the weekend will not be approved until the following week. The Review item would make sense if it was pre-charge, but my money was taken. I'm still waiting for the product, so the fraud element isn't really protecting me. And yes, I opened a support ticket thinking there was an issue - guess we'll find out next week.

• Species
    Species Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    edited May 2023

19 Hours and counting for my 'Download: Available immediately'. This is false advertising and an inexcusable lack of support.

• Species
    edited May 2023

It's now been over 26 hours and no response. Now we'll see if they respond to the PayPal dispute that I opened for failing to deliver a purchased digital download. This is unacceptable.

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear about such issues with the deployment of products.

It could be the case that the downloads are not being deployed automatically by Native Access 2, and that they will only appear once the "refresh" icon is pressed:

Please hit this icon and let us know if the products appear.

• Species
    edited May 2023

That is a lazy response. You going to suggest a PC restart and re-install Native Access 2 next?

This is my first purchase from Native Instruments and, to put it mildly, I am less than impressed with the customer experience. It has now been over 41 hours since purchasing my "Download: Available immediately" digital product. The payment has been fully processed on my card. Support finally responded to my ticket, over 24 hours after it was submitted, with a seemingly copy/pasted script "sorry for the inconvenience." "Some orders are automatically placed on hold" "to protect our customers".

And most importantly "You should receive your order confirmation within the next 2 hours."

Well guess what ...? That's right, over 2 hours later and still no serials.

Not to mention that I'm not waiting on an 'order confirmation', I received that minutes after placing the order.

• Rich_NI

Hi @Species

I just checked your ticket and account and can see that your license has not yet been deployed.

It is therefore not an issue with Native Access, as the serial is not actually yet on your account.

It seems there was an issue with your payment and should be addressed in private with our support team. I can see that the case is being handled, and someone will come back to you ASAP.

• Species
    edited May 2023

@Rich_NI ,

Thank you for looking into it. What I can say is that the payment has been fully charged on my card for 2 days now (i.e. it's not in a pending state). It's extremely disheartening that this is still an unresolved issue nearly 3 days after the original purchase. I honestly believe that accounts being flagged for manual validation is simply a guise for a flaky backend system (transactions are complicated, things break sometimes), otherwise I'd expect the process to include an automatic notification alerting the end user of what is happening and what should be expected.

Additionally, NI support has directly contacted me via email exactly 1 time since this situation arose (the no help copy/paste that I previously mentioned). Support response times have proven to be abysmal.

Again, thanks for looking into the matter.

• Rich_NI

Hi @Species

The honest truth is that the department is underwater right now due to a very large backlog along with staffing issues.

I have just added a note to your case and marked it as high priority.

Someone will come back to you as soon as they are able to. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

• Species

It has now been over a full week since I purchased what is essentially sold as a digital download. There has been no further contact or developments. I will be forced to escalate the issue to a PayPal claim in hopes of retrieving a refund.