complete control s49 + machine standalone + computer

BobbydeBarde
BobbydeBarde Member Posts: 3 Member

Stupid question!!!!

How can I connect my complete control s49 to my machine and at the same time to my computer? So that I can use all functions on all devices without having to change the cables ?

Thank you for the answer, greetings

Comments

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro

I don't own Machine but the S49 has to be plugged in to your computer by USB for full functionality but if you do that, the midi ports are turned off and you aren't connected to your Machine. If I understand your setup correctly? But you should have full functionality for both by connecting both to USB ports and so you wouldn't need to connect the keyboard by midi connection.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited November 2022

You mean connected to M+ in standalone mode and the computer? Technically you can't, USB devices can only be connected to 1 host, especially a dedicated sw controller device.

There's hw 2-to-1 USB switchers out there, to quickly change what device is connected without messing with cables, maybe that could be useful for you.

It might be possible to connect the keyboard to M+ and the MIDI-Out of the M+ into your interface via MIDI DIN, then you have to set up a Sound/Pad to send MIDI out via the DIN but it will just send simple MIDI, meaning no dedicated funtions.

• BobbydeBarde
    BobbydeBarde Member Posts: 3 Member

Thanks for the Answers, !!!!

they do not have to be useable on 2 devices at the same time.

I connected the s49 to the machine + via the USB connection and the machine + via usb to the computer. The question is, how I can also connect the s 49 to the computer without having to change cable?

If I connect the s49 to the machine + via midi out / midi in, can I then use all functions including controlling all plugins ect. ? Works via midi the whole browser stuff and integrations ?

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited November 2022

If all you need is to simply avoid unplugging the cable all the time then get a switcher, you connected both cables to then just press a button to switch from PC to M+... here's an example:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004310122559.html

If I connect the s49 to the machine + via midi out / midi in, can I then use all functions including controlling all plugins ect. ? Works via midi the whole browser stuff and integrations ?

No. DIN MIDI out is just generic MIDI, with no special controls.

KK Keyboards / Maschine controllers depend on proprietary USB communication with the computer (or M+) in order to allow dedicated functions to work (browser, remapped knobs, etc.)