Issue with Logic/KKMk288/MIDI

schroderr
schroderr Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

Over the weekend I bought a new instrument and while downloading also upgraded to Kontakt7. I use a Komplete 88 MK2 although I don’t think that’s the issue. I use Logic as my DAW. Ever since, in any of my old projects, if a midi track is selected that track doesn’t play right. It gives you little blips of the intended sound. Same if I play through the Komplete. I've duplicated tracks, created new ones. No matter what this happens in any MIDI track. However, if I create a whole new project everything works fine. I simply can't work on any projects created before I upgraded. I can’t figure it out at all and I’m going crazy.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

so i guess you using komplete kontrol, do you see any difference does it load kontakt 7 in your old projects? In komplete kontrol stand alone you can set in preferences that it always uses the latest software, somewhere prefs/plugins...

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod

@schroderr What instruments were chosen in Komplete Kontrol in these projects? Make sure to untick that box in Komplete Kontrol in standalone:

• schroderr

Interesting. But here's the craziness, I walked away from my computer frustrated yesterday morning and left everything on. Hours later I go to my setup and everything is working. So I'm even more confused but really appreciate your help!

• Jeremy_NI
    edited December 2022

@schroderr Crazy indeed! Time to drop my favourite emoji: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The most important is that it's working again, and if not, well you know where to find us ;)

• schroderr

Aaaaand again it's not. It's only on NI tracks. My Toontracks and Apple tracks play just fine. Something is just up with the midi connection (I think) for NI tracks. At a loss. Last time I left my project open all day and it eventually just worked. No explanation. I'm in touch with NI support but it takes forever to get an email back.

As per your original question, all plugins are checked and I did have the "always use NI" box checked. Unchecking it does nothing.

• schroderr
    edited December 2022
  • schroderr

Video above explaining the issue. Thanks for your help!

• schroderr

Help! Any ideas? NI hasn't been helpful. I'm losing my mind.

• Uwe303

Hello,

I'm not a logic user but have you tried a midi monitor to check the midi signal? I guess it's a really wired issue and hard to analyze, especially via mail or posts.

• schroderr

Yup and it's all good. All other midi and plugins are working fine. It's just NI tracks.

• Uwe303

I saw in a forum that a user created new projects and imported the tracks of the old ones and it worked for him with the same problem, can you maybe try it with one project?

• schroderr

I might but I think I'm going to just revert back to an older OS and never upgrade until everything is kosher. I really appreciate your responses!

• Jeremy_NI

@schroderr I see that you are in contact with my colleagues, hopefully a solution will be found.