PLUGIN ALLIANCE SCAM?

AKB48
AKB48 Member Posts: 8 Member
edited December 2022 in Komplete General

I hate having to discuss this here but here it goes, I bought Komplete 14 CE this weekend and received this email shortly after:

[Thank you for registering your KOMPLETE license.

Your KOMPLETE bundle contains products by our partner Plugin Alliance. This is your redeem code:

Plugin Alliance Bundle for KOMPLETE 14 COLLECTOR'S EDITION Registration Code

450D FT50 XXXX XXXX etc etc

To activate, please complete the following steps:

Best wishes from Berlin,

The Native Instruments team]

I installed them and nothing works, they all said that their license's were expired! WTH was this complete garbage! Took me hours to remove - so pissed, feeling bamboozled.

🤬

Comments

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Hey @AKB48, sorry to hear you had an issue with the Plugin Alliance bundle license. Did you reach out to their support about it? Or the NI one? It's a pretty odd one and should not happen, you're supposed to have a valid license for the PABX stuff.

• AKB48
    edited November 2022

I did reach out to them but haven’t heard back. The Plugins were all expired, even tried registering offline. Nothing worked, all needed a paid subscription, some offered me 14 day trials, complete insult @Nico_NI did NI sell my information to Plug-in Alliance?

• AKB48
    edited November 2022

@Nico_NI I reached out to NI Support but only about my other post, I guess I should let NI know about their partners broken software, maybe get some type of a refund.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert
    edited November 2022

Let's be patient, shall we? And let's stop calling names or making other unfound assumptions. You contacted their support yesterday (?) - so it's been ~24 hours only - and now with sale seasons around, delays in support can sadly happen. Never forget that you're not the only customer out there 😉

I get you're pissed because something doesn't work as expected, but being overly rude won't help. I'm sure the issue will get fixed for you soon.

• Mxytptlk
    Mxytptlk Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I received the same email after upgrading from Komplete 13 to 14 yesterday. The NI advertised PA 'Crispy Tuner' does not appear in the list of 'my products' in the PA installer. Have contacted PA tech support. Have not downloaded any of the other PA plugs, because truthfully not really interested in them and can do without the clutter. Skeptical that the PA Pitch Correction will be an improvement over the native Logic tuner but was interested to try it.

• Nico_NI

As @Monochrome said, let's keep things respectful and be patient. Our support or PABX will fix your licenses and you will get the products you paid for. Feel free to keep us updated on this thread about the situation.

• Nico_NI

We did not receive news from you @AKB48, so I suppose the issue is solved.

This thread is now closed.

This discussion has been closed.