should I be using Komplete Kontrol or Konkat7 for my DAW

appmus
appmus Member Posts: 5 Member

Hello newbie question.

I recently did an upgrade to KOMPLETE 14 COLLECTOR'S EDITION Upgrade.

Using Komplete Kontrol I can't see the Kontakt Factory Library.

for example:

Documents\Kontakt Factory Library\Instruments\Band\5 - GuitarJazz Guitar.nki

does not show up in the instaurment list.

I can naviagate to the file and load it....

I there a way to RESCAN in Komplete Kontrol so all the insturmetns show up?

TIA

Best Answers

• appmus
    Answer ✓

I was asking about the original old Kontakt library. There were some patches that I Iiked for exmple the "JAZZ Guitar". I can still access them via files. The old library just doesn't show up in the all instruments.

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro
    Answer ✓

You still have Kontakt 6 in your system alongside 7 and you can access it in your apps menu. Will open jazz guitar and everything else just the way you remember it if you desire. I also have 14CE.

Answers

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 424 Pro

I personally kind of use both. In my DAW (Ableton Live) I use the Komplete Kontrol plugin so that my NI S49 reflects all the actions and choices I make in the DAW. But in the DAW I normally enable the full KONTAKT display so I have access to it's header information. But everything listed in my DAW is properly reflected on my S49. There's some other issue if you have things missing.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,591 mod

@appmus Which Kontakt Factory Library do you mean? Is it the old Factory Library or the new Kontakt Factory Library 2 that comes with Kontakt 7? In the Komplete Kontrol or Kontakt 7's new browser, only the KFL2 was kept, as it mostly contains the same as KFL1 but improved and augmented.

• appmus
    Answer ✓

I was asking about the original old Kontakt library. There were some patches that I Iiked for exmple the "JAZZ Guitar". I can still access them via files. The old library just doesn't show up in the all instruments.

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro
    Answer ✓

You still have Kontakt 6 in your system alongside 7 and you can access it in your apps menu. Will open jazz guitar and everything else just the way you remember it if you desire. I also have 14CE.

• appmus

thanks for the reply...

Yes I can access the patches from K6... just lazy I guess.. :)

again thanks for your reply.