Uninstall Kontakt (6) due to Kontakt 7

superwotan
superwotan Member Posts: 24 Member
edited November 2022 in Kontakt

Hi,

I was wondering what to do with Kontakt (6) after the installation of Kontakt 7. I have no clue how to uninstall Kontakt. In NA it is still shown with the "repair" option and orange triangle although I tried to delete all Kontakt files and folders.

Thanks for any help in advance.

I am using Win11 btw.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@DeltaJockey if I migrate all my existing DAW projects that use Kontakt 6 with their loaded instruments and re-save them to projects with those instruments in Kontakt 7,

is there any need for keeping Kontakt 6 installed? I assume K7 is a superset of previous versions?

If you do it like that, then you don't need Kontakt 6 on your system.

Answers

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro

You need to uninstall it in Windows Apps>Installed apps

As you can see below, you can see the version you want to delete. Just click the ... button on the right and that is it!

• superwotan
    superwotan Member Posts: 24 Member

Hi there and many thanks for your help.

It was kind of strange because firstly I couldn't find Kontakt in the Win app list as I already tried to remove it so it did no longer appear there although still in NA. So I did use the repair function in NA first so Kontakt appeared again in the Win app list. I uninstalled and finally it is shown in NA as "not installed".

Thank you very much again, that was very helpful.

• dhillf2w
    dhillf2w Member Posts: 1 Member

Any Suggestions for Mac Users? I've deleted Kontakt 6 from Applications/Native Instruments but it remains in Native Access with an exclamation point and a suggestion to repair also. It would be nice is Native Access had an option to uninstall.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited November 2022

Hey all, before uninstalling Kontakt 6, please note that Kontakt 7 will not open automatically in your old projects, they will still need Kontakt 6 to load the libraries in these projects.

Here is how to uninstall on a mac: How to Uninstall Native Instruments Software from a Mac Computer

• DeltaJockey
    DeltaJockey Member Posts: 18 Member

Hey guys,

just confirming my understanding of what I think is the case, if I migrate all my existing DAW projects that use Kontakt 6 with their loaded instruments and re-save them to projects with those instruments in Kontakt 7,

is there any need for keeping Kontakt 6 installed? I assume K7 is a superset of previous versions?

I like to de-clutter when I have the opportunity :)

I see many are uninstalling K6, so guess this is the case.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@DeltaJockey if I migrate all my existing DAW projects that use Kontakt 6 with their loaded instruments and re-save them to projects with those instruments in Kontakt 7,

If you do it like that, then you don't need Kontakt 6 on your system.