traktor 3.6.1 issues with rane twelve mk2

hi, I write in reference to the "rane 12 mk2" that I bought a few days ago.

after installing the turntable following all the installation procedure described by rane I noticed a problem that occurs when connecting the turntable in DVS to traktor pro.

In practice, the turntable occasionally misses the point in the song and skips to a few bars earlier or later. this problem suddenly occurs at the same time as the following message "GROUND HUM : CHECK GROUNDING WIRE" appears on the program (which grounding wire?) the rane 12 does not have a grounding wire!. I tried to change the latency phases going from lower latencies to higher latencies but the problem persists, it is not continuous but when it occurs it is very annoying, due to the discontinuity and unpredictability of this problem I am not able to make a video demonstrative.

I did a comparison with rekordbox dvs using the z2 with a . recodbox has no problems and the dvs works very accurately.

I previously had phase with plx 1000 turntables and even with that setup I had no problems.

anyone can help me?

Tagged:

Comments

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 296 Pro

Hey @Deejayenzo I have the exact same problem with my RANE 12 MKII as you. I even opened a support ticket once, but was never able to capture the problem on video. Have you contacted the support about this? My ticket number was: #2683504

Tried everything but could never solve the problem. Different USB hubs, different mixers, different MacBooks, different slipmats, different cinch and USB cables. Hi and low torque, all gradations of the time code signal strength from 5 - 100% none of that helped. Unfortunately I didn't get an answer to my question in the RANE forum either. Here is the link:

https://raneforum.com/t/losing-timecode-signal-in-traktor/5642

My system: Macbook Pro Retina 2015 / macOS 10.14.6 Mojave / 3.1 GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB SSD

I first noticed the problem with Traktor Pro 3.4.2, meanwhile I'm on 3.6.1 and it still persists.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Deejayenzo if you can identify steps to reproduce, feel free to get in touch with our support team directly here: https://bit.ly/n1trakt

• Owner

Hi @Kaiwan_NI As @Deejayenzo has already written, it is almost impossible to reproduce the error exactly. However, the occurrence is almost calculable, it occurs when the playing deck comes up with the warning message that the grounding is missing. If you then do a slow scratching movement on the platters in that time, so that the timecode doesn't scoop anymore, or only transmits a small value, you get these unexpected beat jumps and glitches. Otherwise I can open my ticket again with the support and pass this information on there later, but if you don't have a RANE Twelves mk2 in your house or a Scratch DJ, it will probably be difficult to reproduce that?

To make a video of this you would have to record the hand movement and the screen at the same time, which I found difficult to convey the problem in this way.

The problem occurs e.g. doesn't show up when I test the same setting with Serato or djay Pro. So, simulate the timecode signal from the RANE Twelves with the cinch wires.

• Deejayenzo
    Deejayenzo Member Posts: 42 Helper

i found the problem. put the turntable in THRU mode and listen to the signal coming out of it. try to do a quick back spin of the turntabke and you will see that the traktor signal comes out distorted and for this reason it will often lose the connection. if you do the same experiment selecting serato dvs or virtual dj you will see that the signal of these will come out cleanly. i tried 2 rane 12 mk2 both new and they do the same problem. this means that the problem is in the firmware of rane 12.

I have opened a ticket with rane for 4 days but I am not receiving any response. I believe they will never answer. Rane is very disappointing

• Deejayenzo

maybe traktor should communicate with rane because the problem is in the turntable. its signal with traktor is not linear.

• Deejayenzo

i think i will solve this problem by applying a phase to the rane 12 turntable because otherwise i will wait forever for a native or rane response that will never come. unfortunately their customer service is bad and there are no service centers here. I'm looking forward to switching to rekordbox or serato in 3 months. I'm sorry for traktor but he is no longer following the DJ turntablist.

• Owner

thanks for the tip with the timecode signal. I made a video now. but that's in german and not optimally recorded, because the time code signal is much too loud. so be careful when playing! but it describes the problem fairly accurately. because certain artefacts and pops and clicks can be heard well, which should not be the case. the combination of the error message from the ground causes the decks to jump unintentionally. I will also send that to the support.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HzhCbtAwMUwIuSK7LnVHbF_PRVvOeXQn/view?usp=sharing

• Deejayenzo

Thanks for this video, it's a great help .the video is perfect and explains the problem perfectly. exactly the same problem I have with my new rane 12 and also my cousin with his rane 12 and z2. I sent back my rane 12 and got another new one ... but the problem is always present. my cousin bought the same and still the problem exists for him too. I would need help from a native because I work and live with this but they are unresponsive.

I have been a Traktor customer for 10 years and have always followed all the evolutions of the program and have never given up but this time the problem is very serious because I live by playing in clubs and work with turntables, but I can't work like this. I hope native support responds soon to resolve this issue.

I'm sure the problem will be the same for all users.

this is a programming flaw and they should fix it soon.

• Owner

@Kaiwan_NI How can i re-open a old support ticket? My ticket number was: #2683504

• Owner

good to know that i / we are not alone with this problem. I also thought about bringing the players back, but unfortunately my warranty has already expired. I think it's important that you also raise a ticket with support. it is good if such cases are documented from different sides. please also raise a ticket with support so that we can make better progress with a possible solution to the problem.

i feel exactly the same as you, don't really want to leave tractor, or keep coming back to it, but meanwhile the gap to the competition is just too big.

• Deejayenzo

for now I can imagine a workaround. it is possible to use a phase essential on the rane 12 , so the signal will be perfect. this doesn't solve the rane 12 problem but it solves my work problem.

I tried the phase and it works perfectly

regarding technical support, I have opened 3 tikets and no response for 2 weeks. i'm sure they won't fix the problem so for now PHASE.

• Owner

yeah, this workaround isn't optimal... so please post your ticket numbers also here in this thread. i hope, that i will reach out the support immediately an @Kaiwan_NI can double check it.

• Deejayenzo
    edited November 2022

ticket number 3534859

also i post a video on my channel youtube where you can clearly see the error

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/RXS3nM3dUzg

the track skips a couple of cm when the writing SKIPPING appears on the right.

i tried this with rekordbox for 2 hours and i had no problem . this means that the hardware is fine. they made a mistake in setting the communication signal.

I have seen this same error on 4 NEW rane 12 turntables

• Deejayenzo
    edited November 2022

the number of my second ticket #3535666

and another video of a user who has the same grounding wire problem at 6:16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRDccylePlc&ab_channel=mixisme