The history of Trakor since 2000 till 2022

dj_estrela
dj_estrela Member Posts: 158 Pro
edited January 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

This link has the history of Traktor since 2000 to 2011, with pictures:

This link has a amazing interview with the lead Traktor programmer, @Friedemann @ NI https://github.com/pestrela/music/blob/master/pic_sets/traktor_interview/Interview%20with%20the%20lead%20Traktor%20programmer.pdf

This link has all the changelog of traktor pro since TP2 to TP3.4.0:

Comments

• MiFa1969
    MiFa1969 Member Posts: 34 Advisor
    edited January 2022

Just checked it out. That was my first traktor version (2007):

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro
    edited January 2022
    Nice Karlos.

You make me wanna whip my Mac mini g4 and fire it up 😂 

My history from the G4 to the M1.  Traktor 3 (or 2 can’t remember) was retroactively installed on the G4 just for testing. 

G4 Mac mini, 13in intel 2.0 core duo, 15in intel i5, Mac mini M1.  Traktor Scratch and Traktor 3
  • Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor
    @Wyley great to see you on the new forum, dude. I'm really pleased you're here.
    I bought the same Traktor Scratch upgrade kit. The Audio 10 was my intro to DVS and 15 years later I'm still using Traktor DVS for my DJ business. 

Karlos.
  • Wyley
    I’m seeing a lot of old timers now. 

I got into Traktor 6 months after I got my D.2pro.  I was was going to buy serato before I realized my mixer was certified for Traktor.  I saw Grandmaster Flash and Ritchie Hawtin’s propaganda and like a dumbass I bought the certified upgrade kit 😂.  

I bought the mixer just to record my mixes and ignored the Traktor feature cause I didn’t know what Traktor was at the time.
  • Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor
    @Wyley Wow, I really wanted the Mackie D2Pro but it never seemed available in the UK.
    I later opted for the Korg Zero 4 because it was also Traktor Scratch Certified and it had great midi capabilities but it had such a low headphone volume I sold it after only one gig.

Karlos.
  • Wyley
    The korg is nice for especially for weddings where there might be someone performing a song with an instrument.  That sucks the headphones were low.

The mackie still works with Traktor.  I was using it up until 3 weeks ago when I decided to take it apart for maintenance.

I cleaned out the switches, faders and gotta change out the failed leds.  Also I’m trying to trace the unused midi as they only used 1 out of 5 available midi slots just for the xfader while on the d.4 they used the rest for the line faders.  If I find them then I’m gonna stick those thin touch strips on top of the mixer.

I’m also going to buy thunderbolt to FireWire adapters to see if it works on the M1.  This thing lasted almost 15 years (2007-2022) and if I can keep it going for more years I’ll be happy.

Wish me luck 🍀