A note about Native Access downtime (21.11.2022)

2»

Comments

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,309 mod

@Creeboyd That has nothing to do with the incident. Have you tried Native Access 2? https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/native-access-2/

• Creeboyd
    Creeboyd Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

No I hadn't. But now I have and that's fixed it for me now. Thank you so much. :-)

• DeltaJockey
    DeltaJockey Member Posts: 18 Member

I want to add my comments to these issues. I upgraded to Komplete Ultimate 14 Collectors Edition a couple of weeks ago from KU11.

I have a lot of data to catch up on. I have no trouble logging in, and starting downloads. The smaller stuff is mostly ok, but every few minutes on larger files. after downloading about a gigabyte, I come back and see it is waiting for the connection error. It has taken me a whole day of nursing the download and lots of resuming to get a 30GB file. :-(

I have the latest update to Native Access, and have checked all the suspected network things my end, ie Firewall off, network security etc. In any case, I never use to have any problem on the same hardware previously.

It picks up where it left of, but why doesn't Native Access have some sort of auto resume after a time?

I can't spend half my life sitting there in front of the computer ready to press the refresh button!

• Arthur Neeman
    Arthur Neeman Member Posts: 37 Member

@DeltaJockey try previous version of NA. If it doesn't help, then suppose the NI servers are busy while huge discounts.

• DeltaJockey

Thanks, I've pondered all those solutions. I did think of just downloading the files directly, but I still have the auto resume problem.

I don't really have a problem with the failing process or even the time it takes, as long as I don't have to keep checking it when stalled. NA1 would still be the same I suspect, so too would downloading directly, though I could look into a third party download manager perhaps which would auto resume for me.

My other option would be to wait a few months and try again in off peak time? I think this will be my last update of this size, as the sheer management of it all is more than I have in my remaining lifetime!

• Arthur Neeman

Libraries gets bigger, Internet - the same. My K13UCE is more than 1 TB, but somehow, I downloaded it step by step since K11 on many different internet connections through years. There were situations when 100 MB pack downloaded in 10 minutes, but also were situations when 8 GB download took less time. And also depending on situation after discounts. Oh, I always buy things only on discounts :)

Yes, try next week.

• DeltaJockey

Yes, I guess the thing is, my last, KU11, I bought from a music shop as a physical drive, and just had to do the updates. Now that it is download only, and they are bigger than ever, it's becoming a barrier for me now.

Same here about internet, I live in a regional area of Australia, and my network quality is not of big city standard. I never thought of myself on the wrong side of the digital divide, but with music apps as large as they are, I think it is happening. I considered buying some other music libraries that were on special with other developers, but when I looked at the download size, I thought, that's out of my league!

I also considered going for a trip to relatives in the city, but then thought, NI might register that as an pirating download, because the IP and location would be different, so I stuck to doing it on my home network.

• DeltaJockey

I just wanted to add a comment on a more positive note. I just downloaded a 24GB file with no interruption.

Perhaps there were server issues or download congestion still happening at NI or somewhere in between?

It does demonstrate to me the potential for obtaining the files in the medium term 😊

I'm most excited AND anxious about obtaining Omnia and Lores, being around 80GB. I'll give it some time down the track before I attempt.

I just thought it important that I provide the positive as well as the negative👍️

• Arthur Neeman

Don't worry about IP and location change. I downloaded whole K from three different places with no distractions. I'm sure NA is good enough to believe the credentials you entered unless you share them with friends, and this isn't good of course :)

I keep myself away from updating even I know how Omnia and Lores are good. I would say I have everything I need to make music in my style and any new library will slow down the finishing of existing sketches (about 180). Therefore, I use the best advice - "learn tools you already have" and probably will upgrade to next version. Maybe.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,309 mod

Hey all, since the issue mentioned in this thread is now fixed on our side, we'll close this thread. If you are having issues with Native Access, they are not related to this thread, so please post in existing threads of the issue you are facing or create a new one. You can also contact our support here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

This discussion has been closed.