Midi Control not recognized when using Reaktor 6 as VST in Bitwig.

Amaterasu
Amaterasu Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

Hi there,

when using Reaktor as a plug-in in Bitwig, the midi messages are not recognized via the auto button in the controllers tab.

When using Reaktor stand-alone, the channels are recognized properly and I can map them.

This only worked in the stand-alone after checking Launch Control XL on in the Audio and Midi Setting. I cannot find those settings within the vst.

This article didnt help at all https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209583209-How-to-Map-MIDI-and-OSC-Controllers-in-REAKTOR-5-8-or-Higher

Can somebody please help me?

And another extra question: Is it not possible at all to map controllers with ensembles like Rounds? Since I cannot drag and drop the control icon, nor rightclick on any knob of the Rounds instrument.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

In standalone is a separate routing by Reaktor.

In a daw is the routing by daw only. Reaktor take over the daw's routing. There is is no Reaktor I/O routing.

So you've to look inside Bitwig.

For channel recording in Bitwig MIDI out Reaktor you can use the MIDI Out Block.

• Amaterasu

Then how can I get Reaktor to take over the daw's routing?

When the midi note in Reaktor track is played, the "Note 53 - Channel 1" appears in the midi tab of Reaktor, so Reaktor only recognizes midi notes played??

This seems utter senseless. I want Reaktor to detect when I turn a knob on my launch control xl, and not when a midi note is played in Bitwig.

In the controller settings, so far I have tried these options for my controller

I can map anything in bitwig, so Bitwig does recognize the Midi channels.

I have seen it working when somebody did it on a video. Using Reaktor as a plugin, he rightlicked on a knob in Reaktor-vst, checked MIDI & OSC Learn, and was able to control a virtual knob with his controller.

That was nearly 3 years ago now tho. Is this simply not possible anylonger?

Its really frustrating, cause I want to get Reaktor but only if it is fully usable within my daw.

Appreciate your answers!

• Paule

To activate a knob in Reaktor for MIDI CC you must set MIDI In to on.

• Amaterasu
    edited November 2022

Unfortunately I cannot get to the properties tab from Reaktor, neither as stand-alone nor as plug-in.

When I open a new ensemble, I can at least get to the properties tab, but it looks very different than on your screenshot

But what's even more irritating: when using Reaktor stand-alone, it detects when I turn a knob on my controller, but it is not possible to control anything at all in for example Rounds.

When I want to drag an drop, the cursor turns to the "No" symbol and is not usable at all.

Edit: At least I can control SOME parameters via bitwigs remote controls (which in turn are controllable by my controller), but only the ones that I have marked with a red circle in the following screenshot. What is this? Why only those?

Midi messages from my novation launchpad x are recognized properly, both by reaktor standalone and plugin.

Midi messages from my novation launch control xl are only recognized by reaktor standalone, the plugin shows no incoming signal.

• Paule
    edited November 2022

If you own Reaktor full version set Edit grey to Edit white, click on it, in standalone.

If you own Reaktor Player you can't reach it.

When I open a new ensemble, I can at least get to the properties tab, but it looks very different than on your screenshot

Your image is a hardcopy of an ensemble. My is a hc of of the knob properties.

Do you read the chapter about MIDI in Rounds manual?

• Amaterasu

That information about Rounds was helpful, thanks.

But there is still the issue with midi from my launch control xl not coming through the daw to the reaktor plugin. (With the launchpad x it works, thats what got me so frustrating.)

• Paule

@Amaterasu

That information about Rounds was helpful, thanks.

So, you don't read manuals?

I asked a friend via conversation to help you. He works with Bitwig also.

What Reaktor do you use? Player or full version?

• Amaterasu
    edited November 2022

First all thanks so far for your help Paule, really appreciate it!

I didn't know that Reaktor instruments were that complicated, and with "that Information about Rounds", I also meant you hinting at the manual!

I use the player version, tho why would launchpad buttons work, but not launch control knobs?

With the Waldorf Largo VST I can control (literally) any parameter via bitwig remote control.

(in this example all adjustable parameters of oscillator 1 that can be remotely controlled from bitwig are marked yellow)

If I can do this, I would have a workaround. But that is no actual solution. If the launchpad wouldnt work either, I would just leave it be and try to get workarounds.

But again, since the midi signals from my launchpad get through bitwig to the reaktor vst, there has to be a way to make this work with the launchcontrol as well, right?

• Paule
    edited November 2022

@Amaterasu

I use the player version, tho why would launchpad buttons work, but not launch control knobs?

The Player is a limited Reaktor and you can use the prepared midi connections, nothing more. There is no way to the structure, sample maps or to save snapshots. So you can't reach the small hook in the properties.

During the Black Weeks you can get the full version for the half prize. I hope for you it isn't finished. Let me look in NI catalogue.

Today it's 50% off in Cyber Season 2022, it ends in 7 days.

• Paule
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

The comparison chart of Player and Reaktor:

The same is about Midi combinations – a red cross.

• Amaterasu
    edited November 2022

Ok, guess thats the information I was missing.

But what exactly do they mean with this "combine or customize"? Customizing the (dsp) blocks in primary and core? I think to interpret the mapping of a knob to a parameter as "customizing" the instrument is a bit over the top...

But I guess its not worth spending 100€-200€ just to try this out! Quite sad tho.

Thank you Paule for your efforts.

• Paule

If you've several instruments like Blocks in your ensemble or want to adjust or rebuild instruments. You can't exchange panel elements or load in your own samples.

But I guess its not worth spending 100€-200€ just to try this out! Quite sad tho.

99,50 € 7 days later 199 €