Removing Session Strings Pro From System

Johnbee
Johnbee Member Posts: 22 Member

Hi!

Having upgraded Session Strings Pro 2 from Pro 1 I find I no longer need Session Strings Pro 1 and would like to remove it and its library to clear up hard drive space for Session Horns Pro. How would I go about doing that? I have Native Access installed but I don't see anyplace on it to remove program. Please note, I need to remove the library too.

Thanks;

John Bowen

Best Answer

• Johnbee
    Answer ✓

Well, I did remove the library manually, then I went into Kontakt Player and clicked on the Manage Libraries tab and ticked off Session Strings Pro. I guess it's still there but it doesn't show in Kontakt's menu. I think I'll keep it there for now. I archived the library on another drive in case I ever want to use it again, but thanks for your link. I might use that too.

John B

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

on windows you have to go to "system settings/program and apps" or something like that, there you can uninstall the products you want, like any other programs.

• Johnbee

I tried that. It only gives me the option to remove Kontakt player. I need to keep the player but just remove Session Strings Pro.

There has to be another way but thanks for responding.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Mhhh strange, there must be an entry for session strings too. But if you can't find it you can remove the folder from you library manually and after that you use this tool from that website.https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003509269-Fixing-Software-Update-Installation-Issues-Windows-?_ga=2.120911240.1610566793.1668799983-829792636.1628180035&_gac=1.82480740.1668862662.CjwKCAiAmuKbBhA2EiwAxQnt79W07hOoZDtPAaW966zUNFlA26jseXkL9aCAKvuMIcUpTOd-SWx6sxoCtEwQAvD_BwE

• Johnbee
    Answer ✓

Well, I did remove the library manually, then I went into Kontakt Player and clicked on the Manage Libraries tab and ticked off Session Strings Pro. I guess it's still there but it doesn't show in Kontakt's menu. I think I'll keep it there for now. I archived the library on another drive in case I ever want to use it again, but thanks for your link. I might use that too.

John B

• leonwo
    leonwo Member Posts: 3 Member

Hello,

if you are selling your license of Session Strings Pro by any chance, let me know. I'm desperately looking for a license.

Leon

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 244 Pro
    edited November 2022

When using Windows, delete the library files, then use the uninstall regtool to completely remove all traces from the library.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003509269-Fixing-Software-Update-Installation-Issues-Windows-

This will make sure the library will no longer show up in the Komplete Kontrol and Maschine browser because all NKS data from the library will be erased.

• Johnbee

Hi Leon! 😀 I really wasn't considering it, but I'm open to selling you the license for it. I really don't need it anymore with having Pro 2. I've never done anything like selling software licenses yet, but if you (or somebody) would guide me through it, I'll consider it.

John B😀

• Balarila
    Balarila Member Posts: 15 Member

In My Accounts, there is a "License Transfer" option. Have not used it yet myself but I would assume that would do what you want to achieve.

• Johnbee

I'm sure, but there's more involved. He's in Germany and I'm in the US. I don't have a Paypal account and frankly, I don't want one. Is there any other way to do successful international exchange?

😀JB

• Johnbee

BTW-I did manage to download the removal tool successfully. Thanks.