Setting Maschine+ pads to switch Live Guitar FX tones

joshing
joshing Member Posts: 8 Member

I'm trying to use the Maschine+ as a standalone FX pedal and want to be able to hit different pads to load guitar FX tones on the fly.

I know I'd add the FX to the "sound" tab, but after setting up 2 pad tones both play at the same time. Individually I have to select a pad, go to Channel/Input/AudioSource/NONE to turn one off.

Is there a way to set this up better?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• joshing
    Answer ✓

EDIT: I figured out I need to use 2 Groups ... Group1 for the guitar IN (set in Channel) and that has OUT to Group2 Pad1FX. I then have used a Macro on Group2 to dial between the pads.

Ideally I could tap a pad to switch to that tone. Is that possible?

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro
    Answer ✓

Check Boris's new video (part3 of how to do everything in Maschine) to see how this works

Answers

• Murat Kayi

Use lock states to recall configurations of muted pads to switch FX sounds. Lock states can be triggered via external midi which means you could also trigger them via a midi pedal

• joshing
    Answer ✓

EDIT: I figured out I need to use 2 Groups ... Group1 for the guitar IN (set in Channel) and that has OUT to Group2 Pad1FX. I then have used a Macro on Group2 to dial between the pads.

Ideally I could tap a pad to switch to that tone. Is that possible?

• joshing

Oh interesting, thanks for chiming in! I hadn't looked into or tried out Ext. Lock yet.

Although it's not a "pad mute" issue because the Output Channel needs to be rolled/selected to change the effect, I do think Ext Lock could be a solution to allow ExtLockPads to do the trick. I will try that later tonight.

Thank you

• Murat Kayi

Think of it like this: 8 sounds on 8 pads, listening to the guitar input and using a bunch of FX to drastically change sounds. How are you dialling in pad 7 with one macro knob?

With lock states, you can work like on a mixing console with motorized faders recalling scenes. That's why I say muted pads. You press lock button 1 and 7 pads go mute while the one with your chosen sound is active. You can even set up parallel signal processing, save it to a lock state and recall the simple mono clean sound right after that.

• joshing

Thanks for the extra info.

Oddly I couldn't get the Ext Lock to work and will have to give it another try to see if its working with other setting changes and for some reason not this one.

• Murat Kayi
    Answer ✓

Check Boris's new video (part3 of how to do everything in Maschine) to see how this works