Using S88 MIDI out port without Komplete Kontrol??

604way
604way Member Posts: 13 Member

When I quit KK the MIDI ports on my S88 stop working. Is there any way to prevent this and keep the MIDI ports sending data even when KK or my computer is off? I would like to be able to use my S88 to control my rack mount synths and right now it seems like this is not possible unless I have the S88 hooked up to a computer running KK which seems like an insane design choice. So I'm hoping I'm just missing something?

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

It is right. MIDI out is a midi output from pc when connected, not direct from keyboard, it’s a system midi out so you need to rout it via software. When no connection to a PC, it’s midi out from the keyboard.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Do you mean the physical MIDI ports, right ? They should be working even if the keyboard is not connected to the computer. It will be in MIDI mode then and will have the last MIDI template you selected in the Komplete Kontrol standalone application.

• 604way

Yes I am referring to the physical MIDI ports. They only work if Komplete Kontrol is running. If I quit that program then MIDI output stops. If I unplug USB then MIDI output works but this doesn't seem right.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

It is right. MIDI out is a midi output from pc when connected, not direct from keyboard, it’s a system midi out so you need to rout it via software. When no connection to a PC, it’s midi out from the keyboard.

• 604way

I see. Thanks for the explanation.