Install Komplete on 20 macs with shared library

prfraczek
prfraczek Member Posts: 3 Member
edited November 2022 in Komplete General

Is there any way of installing only apps and point them to shared network location? 10G lan attached. There is no way I can locate 140 folders x 20 macs or install 20 times the same thing. Also the installer freezes 3 times while installing whole library and mac requires restart...

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,319 mod
    Answer ✓

@prfraczek We're really sorry you had a bad experience. It's the peak of the busiest season of the year, our support have to deal with a huge amount of requests at the moment, I got back to you in the request you submitted for a possible workaround. Hopefully that will help you out.

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited November 2022

You may instal one commercial NI program on one account twice but not more.

If you instal the third program the first will lost it's account.

• prfraczek

I've purchased 10 licenses for 10 engineers. One person uses 2 computers - 1 at work 1 at home for remote work while lock down etc :) so I am fully legal. I just have to know if there is a way not installing libraries 20 times as this is shared. Apps will be installed on all computers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

@Paule

But what if he has 10 (or even 20) licences? Could be Kontakt libraries shared on network? I do not know where the unlock keys are stored. If it is only on computer and not also in Library, it might work. Or not?

• Jeremy_NI

@prfraczek Maybe my colleagues can help you out on this one: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

• prfraczek
    edited November 2022

Unfortunately they cannot. I am installing it 20 times :( - 10 already done. Once installed, libraries can be redirected to the network or external ssd. Now the trick is if you want to install on external drive, it will crash installer 40 times per whole Komplete. If you go to install on local Macintosh HD the installer will crash 20 times. Every crash you have to restart Native Portal.

I've been working for postproduction audio for over 13 years, installed over 1k plugins and I've never ever encountered on my way something similar. It is just ridiculous. I regret every £ given to this company. BTW reply (copy paste wiki) from support takes 3-5 days so don't bother.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@prfraczek We're really sorry you had a bad experience. It's the peak of the busiest season of the year, our support have to deal with a huge amount of requests at the moment, I got back to you in the request you submitted for a possible workaround. Hopefully that will help you out.