Komplete Kontrol Display not working

RichieF
RichieF Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi, the visual display in Komplete Kontrol just displays a giant black box for all sample based instruments (e.g. Abbey Road 70s Drummer). I have reinstalled it and the issue persists.

Please help

It does work OK for some instruments like Massive

Best Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Hello,

some others also reported problems with kontakt only showing a black box, and the instruments you've mentioned showing that behavior are all kontakt instruments. There also was a solution. Check out this first https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/7117015665053-KONTAKT-7-Opens-with-a-Black-Window

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

A driver update will not get you feature level 11.1 unfortunately, as far as I know it's in the hardware/chip. You will have to use kontakt 6 or buy a graphics card if it is a desktop PC but i guess you have a laptop, so you need a new(er) one.

Answers

• Uwe303
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Hello,

some others also reported problems with kontakt only showing a black box, and the instruments you've mentioned showing that behavior are all kontakt instruments. There also was a solution. Check out this first https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/7117015665053-KONTAKT-7-Opens-with-a-Black-Window

• RichieF
    RichieF Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2022

Thanks so much Uwe303. Really appreciate you linking me to this. That has diagnosed the problem which is great progress.

Essentially, "KONTAKT 7 requires graphics hardware support for Direct 3D 11.1 (Feature Level 11_0) or higher."

The Direct 3D on my computer is 11.1 but it is Feature level 10_1. So that will be the issue (I'm assuming Komplete Kontrol is the same as KONTAKT in this regard).

Hey do you know? When Windows release operating system updates, does that include feature level updates for Intel processors?

Or is updating the driver for the Intel processor a separate thing that I would need to do independently?

The date on the driver version currently installed is 5/19/2016. It seems like there is a more recent update available (2020) but I'm having trouble identifying the exact driver to download on the Intel site so am a little afraid of doing it.

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

A driver update will not get you feature level 11.1 unfortunately, as far as I know it's in the hardware/chip. You will have to use kontakt 6 or buy a graphics card if it is a desktop PC but i guess you have a laptop, so you need a new(er) one.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert

Yeah your specs don't look all that great for todays software especially running an integrated GPU.