Have there been any issues with MCU protocol from Logic to Maschine+?

Sean Ocean
Sean Ocean Member Posts: 4 Member
edited November 2022 in Maschine

Experienced issues last night when sending transport from Presonus Faderport 16 ("MCU" type controller) to Logic Pro.

Occasionally when I started the project with playbutton on the presonus the sounds would drop out completely on the Maschine plus as if the output locations were reset to something else on the maschine. Didn't check the audio routing settings. But the buttons would flash as if they were sequenced and the maschine+ starts on transport. Just no sounds.

I just got the faderport so I'm not sure if the settings from the Faderport are messing with logic sending midi to the device. The Faderport settings are done from "Automatic set up" via logic. I took off all MIDI going into the Maschine+ aside from transport/MMC/clock.

Restarted the device, and the sounds returned.. transport starts from the faderport and logic as normal. Then later I tried adding the plugin Raum in the Maschine and the same issue happened; no sounds. Disconcerting.

This Maschine+ is only running midi transport and audio out just like a groove box. Nothing over USB.

The prior update was fine. Pretty happy with it. Is there any way we can revert? Have there been any issues with MCU protocol from Logic?

Best Answer

• Sean Ocean
    Answer ✓

I tried again last night and everything worked perfectly. Zero uninterrupted workflow.

Can’t replicate the issue. I thought I was dumb and muted the group or my mixer channel, or it was a gating issue from a piece of Dbx hardware but no I looked at all that last night. It might have been a momentary fluke from logic since I occasionally get some weird soloing issues from the presonus. New day, same project. Same gear 100% functionality.

I will let you know if it persists.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey Sean,

I'm sorry, the setup is a bit confusing to me. I'm not sure I understood correctly. You are using Maschine Plus as a standalone device but you sync it with Logic (Logic as Master). When you play start in Logic, the sounds stop on the Maschine Plus, that means, if you hit the pads, no sounds are produced at all?

If you disconnect the Faderport completely, can you reproduce the issue?

• Sean Ocean
    Answer ✓

I tried again last night and everything worked perfectly. Zero uninterrupted workflow.

Can’t replicate the issue. I thought I was dumb and muted the group or my mixer channel, or it was a gating issue from a piece of Dbx hardware but no I looked at all that last night. It might have been a momentary fluke from logic since I occasionally get some weird soloing issues from the presonus. New day, same project. Same gear 100% functionality.

I will let you know if it persists.