Restore option after crash in Machine 2

djmitz
djmitz Member Posts: 5 Member
edited November 2022 in Maschine

Lost a track that i had previous saved many times:

Upon clicking 'save', Maschine crashed and the software closed automatically.

When i tried to re-open, i was asked if i want to restore the last file, i selected yes, but nothing happened - Machine didn't even load.

So, i doubleclicked to open maschine again, it opened, and gave me the same option. I chose to select 'no', don't restore, and maschine opened fine, in a 'new' blank workspace.

I tried to then load the file i was working on, only to find it was no longer in the list of projects, so it seems that when selecting 'no' to the restore option, the file is actually hard deleted, even though i had successfully saved many times prior.😟

My question - is it possible to get back to a prior 'saved' version, or is the file truly purged completely?

(I tried to recreate it, but sadly, vibes were not replicated appropriately)

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@djmitz As much as I love Nachos, I don't have a solution for you, if the project is corrupted, we can't bring it to life again.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    edited November 2022

Hey @djmitz Can you find your project in the folder where your Maschine projects are stored? Can you open it? It is set here by default: user/username/documents/maschine 2/projects

• djmitz

Hi @Jeremy_NI - thanks for the reply - yes, i eventually found the file in the 'groups' folder (i saved a group mid-session, and that became the default location when saving projects), but it will not open: 'error loading file'. I'm upset because it was going to be a number 1 hit in all countries and beat all of Drake and Taylor swift's records, but such is life.

The file just won't open anymore, and there is no back-up versioning of it from previous successful saves, so I assume it's simply gone forever now, unless you got any tips on how to get back to a previous save state?

• djmitz

(Adding a picture of some supreme nachos to aid swift resolution)

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@djmitz As much as I love Nachos, I don't have a solution for you, if the project is corrupted, we can't bring it to life again.