Is there a module that does the opposite of a selector?

BLAIR
BLAIR Member Posts: 47 Member

This macro is used to draw values on a table to make shapes that look like saws/sines/square etc. When you press the saw button, it draws a saw. The problem is I have the shape freq slider connected to every shape type, but I want it to only connect to the place in which the button was last placed.

e.g. If I clicked the saw last, I want the shape frequency slider to redraw the table to look like a saw at a higher/lower frequency.

Because it is attached to all 4 shape options no matter what button i've pressed last it will always redraw it as a sine shape.

What do I need to add to fix this? Is there a module that does the opposite of a selector, e.g. 1 input with 4 outputs?

Comments

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited November 2022

It's Router 1->M: Router one to multiple.

• BLAIR

Thanks mate that solved it

• BLAIR

@Paule and once I press a button, how can I get this to retrigger?

• Paule
    edited November 2022

The snap Value module recall via IC-Send to knob In the value you save in the snapshot.

IC-Send - internal connections To... - knob In ...From for each setting. It works only after saving snapshots.

• BLAIR

Im not sure I understand what you mean by that

• Michael O'Hagan
    Michael O'Hagan Member Posts: 93 Helper

The router, selector and distributor/panner have some slightly different behaviors.

The selector will generate it's own events where a router will not...

If you change a selector from port 1 to port 2 it will automatically output the value from port 2.

If you change a router from port 1 to port 2 it will NOT automatically output the value from port 2, that value must be triggered by something previous in the signal path.

The distributor/panner follows the same rules as the selector, it will generate it's own events, where the router will not.

This can be a very important distinction to make depending on the type of function that you want the module to perform.

but the distributor/panner is the inverse of the selector module.

• BLAIR

oh okay gotcha. What I still have trouble understanding is in Paule's screenshot he shows how to connect the snap values and ic sends, but it doesnt show where to plug the outputs.

I tried connecting it like this, as well as just straight from the router but I must be doing it wrong because it didn't fix the problem yet

• Michael O'Hagan
    Michael O'Hagan Member Posts: 93 Helper

can you upload the ensemble for me to look at?

• BLAIR

I'll pm it to you :)

• Paule
    edited November 2022

@BLAIR but it doesnt show where to plug the outputs.

At the same Snap Value output where the IC-Sends are connected. You'll need the values saved with the snapshot for your shapings.

You've forgotten my knob to create values. This is the destination of the IC-Sends.

Instead a knob there is an in port. And your Pos comes from everywhere.

My Pos is a fader for your different wave shapings. So upper position is sine, then saw, square and noise.

You can use a Mutitext module and set the fader to a transparent align. On your gui is the text with align layer. Needs really small space.