My Ableton (and Waveform DAW) cannot detect my Kontakt VST

hyper_kurry
hyper_kurry Member Posts: 3 Member

I have set my Native Access to download Kontakt Player 7 into my special folder in my D: drive. Then I set my Ableton to scan that same folder. But somehow it comes out empty. I have downloaded Player 7 and the libraries along with it, but it won't detect. I did the same with my other DAW, Tracktion Waveform, and the same thing happens, it doesn't detect. Why is that?

Edit: it turns out the folder I supposedly placed my Kontakt vst files have no vst files in it, only the Kontakt exe file. Did I download the exe file only? How can I redownload the vst file?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Kontakt 7 has no vst2 plug-in, only VST3. VST3 files are installed by default in this folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 and it should stay there, make sure you enable VST3 in Ableton and your other DAWs. They will look in this default location.

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

Do you search for VST3?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Kontakt 7 has no vst2 plug-in, only VST3. VST3 files are installed by default in this folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 and it should stay there, make sure you enable VST3 in Ableton and your other DAWs. They will look in this default location.