Kontakt library that simultaneously can't be found ...AND is loaded twice

Territan
Territan Member Posts: 6 Member
edited December 2022 in Kontakt

Please bear with me; this is incredibly dumb and I'm posting this as a discussion because I'm not even sure what question to ask to get help. This has to do with Kontakt 7 (7.0.11 according to Native Access), and the "Rise and Hit Library". And the title does not exaggerate; the Rise and Hit library apparently either doesn't exist or is duplicated on my external drive.

If I'm in the instrument rack view of Kontakt 7, either standalone or VST, where "Rise and Hit" should appear I see a warning icon and the text "Library not found. Click 'Manage Libraries' to set the content via Native Access." There's no way I can access the sounds from that view.

But if I use the library icon (the one that looks like albums on the shelf, to the left of the horribly outdated file menu icon) to switch to the Content Browser, not only do I see the icon for the Rise and Hit library, but when I click on it, I see every preset in it twice, and both presets in each pair function.

Can anyone tell me what's going on here?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Larry R.
    Larry R. Member Posts: 12 Member

I have no idea why this is happening, but have you tried to "Reinstall" using the Native Instruments?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Territan If you're on Windows you could uninstall the Rise And Hit library using this tool: NI Uninstall RegTool_64bit.zip

Then reinstall with Native Access. That should do the trick.

• Territan
    Territan Member Posts: 6 Member
    edited November 2022

Grumble. And now I don't know why I didn't think of doing this before. (I am not ruling out idiocy.)

Turns out I can right-click on sounds in the content browser, and I get a command: "Show in Finder."

The files are located at:

/Music Drive 2/Users/Shared/Native Instruments/Rise and Hit Library/Instruments

and

/Music Drive 2/Users/Shared/Native Instruments/Rise and Hit Library/Snapshots/Rise and Hit

It's looking like removing one of those (say, the latter one that isn't the one pointed at by Native Access, if I could figure out which one that was—the path is too long for the display space.)

EDIT: For what it's worth, a reinstall of the library does get the library showing up. Now I've got Rise & Hit appearing once in the side-rack browser and once in the full content browser with all the content repeated twice.

• Jeremy_NI

"the full content browser with all the content repeated twice." Can you post a screenshot that would illustrate that?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

We didn’t hear back from you. We’re closing this thread. If you still need assistance on that matter, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_kontakt

This discussion has been closed.