Komplete Kontrol Plugin display problems

Klaus-L
Klaus-L Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Hello,

I made a fresh install of NativeAccess 3.0.1 on Windows 11 for use with Samplitude X7.

In NIA I installed my products, including Komplete Kontrol 2.8.0 and Kontakt Player 7.0.11.

Now, when using the Komplete plugin within Samplitude, the KK window doesnt redraw correctly, when switching the instruments. E.g. Battery or REAKTOR are cut off. When klicking on the carret to open the menu to change view, the windows gets black or scattered, doesnt refresh, entries appear only when hovering with the mouse. see attached pics.

How can I fix these problems?

Thanks and greetings. Klaus

Best Answer

• Klaus-L
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jeremy_NI ,

I finally fixed it with the help of the "ResourceHacker" Tool, mentioned in one of the links I provided.

Greetings, Klaus

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

Reaktor 6 isn't ready for win 11

• Klaus-L

Reaktor is an example, same with Battery 4 and some other instruments. All with the same graphic problems.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Klaus-L Does this happen only in Samplitude? If you open Komplete Kontrol in standalone, do you get the same issue? What are your display settings? What kind of monitor do you have? Is it High DPI? What graphic card do you have?

• Klaus-L

Hi Jeremy,

yes problems are only within the Plugin. Standalone works fine. I tried it on two different machines (both Win11) and monitors and graphic cards (GTX 1070, Intel HD). All are High DPI at least 1900x1200.

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @Klaus-L We'll try to reproduce the issue. Is it happening with other plug-ins that are not NI ? It might be worth checking if there are settings regarding graphics in Samplitude or contact them as well. Unfortunately I'm not that familiar with this DAW.

• Klaus-L
    edited November 2022

Hi @Jeremy_NI,

I have tried several options. Different machines (but both Win11), different graphic cards and monitors, start DAW Samplitude in compatibility mode. No improvement.

Komplete Kontrol plugin always has display problems or crashes. Kontakt Player and also other plugins run fine. Stand alone also.

I found these posts: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/de/articles/360015421877-Probleme-bei-der-Skalierung-der-NI-Plug-in-Benutzeroberfl%C3%A4che-unter-Windows-10

https://community.samplitude.com/topic/57415-ni-komplete-kontrol-users-scaling-issue-gui/#comment-329929

So, it seems NI is aware of this problem, but doesn't fix it.

So please, when can I expect a bug fix or a solution?

Thanks and grettings

Klaus

• Jeremy_NI

@Klaus-L My apologies if I overlooked some of your answers. Komplete Kontrol doesn't support high DPI or UI scaling. this is one of our most common requests as you can see on our forum. It's not an easy fix and won't happen over night. Kontakt 7's new browser supports High DPI, more of our plug-ins in the future will improve on that matter.

• Klaus-L
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jeremy_NI ,

I finally fixed it with the help of the "ResourceHacker" Tool, mentioned in one of the links I provided.

Greetings, Klaus

• Jeremy_NI

@Klaus-L Thanks for the update.