Question on Kontakt 7/windows 8

Eric-(
Eric-( Member Posts: 9 Member

Just need some clarification: when you NI says that "Kontakt 7 is not supported by on that operating system" (here Windows8) does it mean that it won't work at all, or it may have some issues? I've purchased Electric Mint, and I can't find Kontakt 7 in Native Access. Do I absolutely need to upgrade to W10?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,291 mod
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

@Eric-( Native Access should block the installation on your system. Kontakt 7 was never intended for Windows 8 or tested. Your best option is definitely to update to Windows 10, you'll save yourself from headaches trying to use incompatible software.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

i don't know, you could try to register komplete start, it also has kontakt player inside. Normally it should work on windows 8 too, but without technical support. Additionally i would highly recommend to upgrade to windows 10, you can go back if something does not work, best of course would be a backup. https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-start/

• Eric-(

Thank you, I thought as much, not supporting an OS is different from not working at all,

I just need to figure out why I can't find Kontakt 7 in Native Access

• Uwe303

It could be really the case that native access is not showing not supported products at all. So you have to upgrade to 10.

• Eric-(

no, in fact Kontakt 7 showed in Native Access, it was even downloading, then something went wrong (not sure what it was) then it disappeared altogether...

• Uwe303
    edited November 2022

I guess you use native access 1? There is also a regcleaning tool from native, then you can wipe everything and install new. So first uninstall via system settings/apps then use the reg tool. And install all again. https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003509269-Fixing-Software-Update-Installation-Issues-Windows-

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,291 mod
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

@Eric-( Native Access should block the installation on your system. Kontakt 7 was never intended for Windows 8 or tested. Your best option is definitely to update to Windows 10, you'll save yourself from headaches trying to use incompatible software.

• Eric-(

Hi guy, I eventually reported the issue to support just to get clarification from as to what "not supported" means... I got the answer today and sure enough, Win8 being not supported means not tested, and couldn't work. It shouldn't have been proposed in Access in the first place. HOpe this will help whoever has the same issue. The only way out is to upgrade to Win10.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Well, one may download installation ISO file using computer with Win10 or Win11. And try to install it on Win8. It should (most probably) work, but no guarantie.

I have done something similar with GR6, Super 8 and one other plugin for Win7, which has not been supported that time...