Piano sound delay

Ben369
Ben369 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited November 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

I'm new to this and I have Komplete Kontrol A49 and Komplete Audio but I just want to learn piano for now and I'm using https://virtualpiano.net/ for free but there is a sound delay even when I connect audio interface. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

Ben

Tagged:

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert

Yeah, you need to post your OS, audio interface and a screenshot of the audio setup in Komplete Kontrol (if that is what you are even using).

• Ben369

So I added the OS and a photo, any ideas now?

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert

Didn't need a photo of your setup, I meant a screenshot of the Audio Settings but I see that isn't a possibility now...

From the looks of the link the program you are using is a web based thing and I just tested it and I get a pretty terrible delay also, this would be due to the web browser having an inherent delay receiving commands and processing audio and the fact it simply outputs to the windows mixer which is not ASIO and therefore also has some delay in it.

Hopefully you have not paid for a subscription because if you have you want to contact them and ask them if there is a solution to that delay. Ideally you want to be using actual software like Komplete Kontrol with a VST loaded, setup to use ASIO audio which should offer a very low latency.

• Ben369

Many thanks, I will try that