Kontact plugin always needs "waking up" in DAW

Foldyman
Foldyman Member Posts: 39 Member

Hi,

I've just upgraded to Kontact 7. In my DAW (Reaper) it works in exactly the same way, but when I focus on the track with the plugin, I need to open it up and click the small piano keyboard icon in the top right before it works and the plugin appears on my Komplete keyboard's display. With Kontact 6, it would just work straight away when I focus on a track.

This is Kontakt running inside Komplete Kontrol, but I think it's Kontact related rather than KK?

Wondered if anyone had any ideas?

Cheers,

A

Best Answer

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 435 Pro
    Answer ✓

Yeah, this is apparently a bug between Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol as I've experienced it with Ableton and have posted the problem in the Komplete Kontrol area. I've been through the configuration numerous times and nothing seems to fix it, so hopefully NI has this down as a bug and will do something about it. Until then I'll just do the workaround which isn't really all that invasive.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,038 mod

Hello,

this is a komplete kontrol issue, i would check reacontrol. And check if the midi DAW port is setup correctly.

• DunedinDragon
    Answer ✓

Yeah, this is apparently a bug between Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol as I've experienced it with Ableton and have posted the problem in the Komplete Kontrol area. I've been through the configuration numerous times and nothing seems to fix it, so hopefully NI has this down as a bug and will do something about it. Until then I'll just do the workaround which isn't really all that invasive.

• Uwe303
    edited November 2022

I tried it right now and it works like it should, i use the moss plugin under "control surfaces/OSC/web control", in my last post i wrongly mentioned the reacontrol plugin.

• DunedinDragon

What is the moss control and is the "control surfaces/OSC/web control" in Kontakt or the DAW you're using?

• Uwe303

"Control surfaces/osc/web control" is a menu in reapers settings, there you have moss plugin and you open it and add a control surface - then it works like you want, you then have full integration with your kk keyboard

• Uwe303
    edited November 2022

Here a video from the guy who makes it for bitwig but, as mentioned, he makes "the same" for reaper https://youtu.be/6qAUX4rThFw

https://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Reaper/Reaper.html