Volume problem with Traktor kontrol s4 mk3 and traktor pro 3.6.2 329

I noticed a problem with the volume during several gigs. The volume becomes lower when tracks are in playing, so, every time it happens (the s4 decides when) I have to adjust the volume channel with gain and master knob. In mixer preferences, i have disabled limiter, auto gain and headroom, but this problem still persists.

I use a MacBook Pro 13 late 2015 (macOS Monterey 12.6.1) and traktor pro 3.6.2 329

Tried with another Mac, same preferences in Traktor (Mac mini m1 (Monterey 12.6.1) and traktor pro 3.6.2 329) but same problem.

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @MettiDischi I've created a support ticket for you instead since our team might need to look into it further. We'll get back to you by email.

• Rafal
    Rafal Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Could it be that an activated KeyLock on your S4 is causing the volume problems? It does so for me, or at least it does that for the VU meters.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 566 Pro

Please don't take this the wrong way. Are you boosting the kicks and bass a lot while mixing?

When you look at your EQ is that low knob turned up?

Headroom can help a lot for layering multiple tracks as well.

I used to always boost mids and lows and thought Traktor was loosing volume.

Sorry if you already know this.

• MettiDischi
    MettiDischi Member Posts: 4 Member

I don't know if key lock causing this problem, I use it as a standard in my gigs, will try without it.

• MettiDischi
    MettiDischi Member Posts: 4 Member

I never use boost eq in my mix, master and channel VU meter never reach the red lights and every track during the mix is set up to flat in hi-mid-bass knobs.

• Andre Hart
    Andre Hart Member Posts: 4 Member

I have the same problem. I have a traktor s4 mk3. And my volume just started sounding low even with the master cut up to 3 a clock. And the desk is level is all the way up and the sound is still low where is displayed the red signal.

• Boogie Louis
    Boogie Louis Member Posts: 17 Member

When I play for an hour or so in live gigs, the channel A on the Traktor kontrol s4 mk3 suddenly has no volume in it. I have to press many buttons on the mixer (like the one switching between channel A and C) to get it to work again. Each 15 minutes after, the problem comes back on channel A. I thought it was because my mixer was getting so I bought a brand new Traktor kontrol s4 mk3 and I have the same problem. Please help.