Native Access 3.01, Kontakt 5 and 2 libraries

jshep0102
jshep0102 Member Posts: 17 Member
edited November 2022 in Native Access

First off, after uninstalling Native Access, reinstalling and installing the NTKDaemon, NA still takes 5-8 minutes to load dependencies and my products. This system has seriously gone backwards. A problem, but not the show stopper.

I have Acoustic Legends HD and Rich Redmond Modern Country Drums libraries on my system in the same place I have 14 other libraries that are functional. I moved every library to a new 2TB pcie nvme drive. These 2 libraries are not locateable in Access - they worked prior to the move and are located under a heirarchy of H:Native Instruments/Kontakt 5/ and each library by name. Nothing changed, I merely copied to the new drive, and gave it the old drive's name and letter.

Easy, right? For all but these 2 libraries - indeed easy.

I went into the registry per the uninstall a library from Native Access, took pics of the NI folder showing them gone, they are still there when I reopen Access. I point Access to exactly where they are, and indeed the .nicnt file for RR Drums is there, but the Acoustic Legends HD has no .nicnt file - it never has yet it worked before. Totally lost still after 4 hours battling this.

Please see the screenshots.

Thanks for havin' a think on my problemo - Shep

Best Answer

• jshep0102
    Answer ✓

thanks, friend. I did this yesterday. They said to delete my current install and to download from provided links that include a .nicnt file.

All my Kontakt libraries are now fully functional in my full 5.6.8, save for Picked Acoustic (ugh).

So, I hafta pay $100 just to get them all under one hood in K7.

Thanks much for taking time for me.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

Hello,

have you checked read read/write access to those folders. Also try to deactivate the "controlled folders" option. Could be also an issue with a third party antivirus software. Windows can behave very strange after moving folders on terms of folder/file access rights.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

If there are no nicnt files in these libraries folders, since they are third party, you'll need to re-download the libraries from the third party developers. If these are older products they might not have the nicnt file at all, better check with them as well.

• jshep0102

Hi Jeremy, I've already redownloaded them, and get the exact same result.

I finally got Rich Redmond Library to work. I went to the vendors tab and it worked from there.

I have no idea what difference that could have made. I really want this Acoustic Library back.

If there's no .nicnt file, how is K5 supposed to register it as legal and make a loadable library for it?

Thanks much for chiming in for me.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@jsavino You would have to check with the developer of this library why there is no nicnt file in their library and how to install and authorize it.

• jshep0102
    Answer ✓

thanks, friend. I did this yesterday. They said to delete my current install and to download from provided links that include a .nicnt file.

All my Kontakt libraries are now fully functional in my full 5.6.8, save for Picked Acoustic (ugh).

So, I hafta pay $100 just to get them all under one hood in K7.

Thanks much for taking time for me.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!