Pitching 808 in 40s VO drums

Way~D
Way~D Member Posts: 22 Member
edited May 2022 in Kontakt

Everything sounds great, prob my favorite play series instrument. there are some killer 808s in his kit, my problem is how do you go about pitching the 808 for different notes without making a new kit or sampling the 808 in maschine,or automating the pitch knob and pitching it that way. there has to be like a feature to play the 808s like notes right? am i missing it? i read the manual and didn't see anything on the subject. You can only add one of the same sample to the kit, i wish we could update that so i can have 2 of the same 808s(or more) at different pitches.

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓

There is no feature to play the 808, you can assign a macro to the Pitch parameter of the pad you want, but that's about it.

Being able to load the same sound on more than one pad is a pretty tricky thing to do, because this requires duplicating all the groups in the instrument 15 more times, which would end up damn near Kontakt's max group limit (4096), and also make the instrument slower to load and be more resource intensive.

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓

There is no feature to play the 808, you can assign a macro to the Pitch parameter of the pad you want, but that's about it.

Being able to load the same sound on more than one pad is a pretty tricky thing to do, because this requires duplicating all the groups in the instrument 15 more times, which would end up damn near Kontakt's max group limit (4096), and also make the instrument slower to load and be more resource intensive.

• Way~D
    Way~D Member Posts: 22 Member

😢 I guess that makes sense. I get why that opted for a kontakt instrument VS a machine expansion (especially with his effects chain and that 40 knob) but I feel this was a missed opportunity. Everyone wants to pitch 808s or their"bass" instrument. Why even include it if you have to give up a preset macro to do so 🤷🏾‍♂️

• SwazeOne
    SwazeOne Member Posts: 1 Member

Lol, I just purchased the 40s Drums as well and am absolutely disappointed. How can Native Instruments even consider releasing a play series by one of the most famous HipHop producers of our time, and not include the feature to have a 16 pad pitch mode on the individual sounds and especially on the 808s? Are you serious? this almost feels like a money grab. I hope I can get my money back, this is worthless.