Native Access 2 startup time

Reefius
Reefius Member Posts: 244 Pro
edited June 2022 in Native Access

I just timed the startup time for NA2 from the moment I double clicked the desktop icon until the program was ready and I could see all my installed products.

This took 57 seconds, which is ridiculous.

First there's the splash screen saying 'Activating Products' for about 40 seconds, then the application starts and shows 'Loading Products' for over 15 seconds.

Compared to NA1, which started up in less than 10 seconds, this is a big step backwards.

Going back to NA1 is not an option, because for some reason it doesn't remember my password so I need to look it up and copy/paste it every time (I use randomly generated passwords). If there is a fix for this, please tell me. I've tried about everything, from deleting all NA registry entries to removing all traces of NA from every folder I can think of. But still after installing NA1 it keeps asking for my password every time I run it.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod
    Answer ✓

hey @Reefius - We're aware of the issue with the loading times and we are actively working on improving them.

regarding NA1 always requesting the pw:

that can be fixed by removing the following files/folders:

~/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/NTK

User/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/NTK

/Users/Shared/Native Instruments/NTK

hope that helps! let me know if you have any questions.

• Ryan_NI
    Answer ✓

thanks for getting back! glad to hear it's all good for now :) feel free to reach out if anything else comes up.

Answers

• Ryan_NI
    Answer ✓

hey @Reefius - We're aware of the issue with the loading times and we are actively working on improving them.

regarding NA1 always requesting the pw:

that can be fixed by removing the following files/folders:

~/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/NTK

User/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/NTK

/Users/Shared/Native Instruments/NTK

hope that helps! let me know if you have any questions.

• Reefius

Thank you @Ryan_NI, I'm now running NA1 again but it only remembered my password after deleting this folder:

%LocalAppData%\Native Instruments\NTK which is the same as C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\NTK

To delete the folder you mentioned (/Users/Shared/Native Instruments/NTK) I had to kill the NTKDaemon process first, but after deleting the folder and restarting NTKDaemon NA1 still didn't remember my password.

I'm guessing the other 2 folders you suggested are for Mac, but I'm using Windows. I'm sorry I forgot to mention that in my post.

Anyway it's all good now, the startup time for NA1 is about 5 seconds which is a lot better than the 57 seconds for NA2 😎

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, it would have never occurred to me to delete the NTK folder.

• Ryan_NI
    Answer ✓

thanks for getting back! glad to hear it's all good for now :) feel free to reach out if anything else comes up.

• masterkush710
    masterkush710 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I'm here 6 months later looking up why it takes so long for this to start up on my new M1. My start up times are more like 5-10 minutes. that is absolutely unacceptable.

• Reefius

Yeah, NA2 is a typical example of how to annoy legit users with excessive license checks.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,301 mod

@masterkush710 There was a big issue in Native Access last night and this morning, that might have affected you: A note about Native Access downtime (21.11.2022)

Is the start up still slow?