Maschine sampler question

troxx
troxx Member Posts: 29 Member

The Synthstrom Audible Deluge has this awesome feature that its synth/sampler engine can use any Wav audio in it's Oscillator 1&2 as a sound source including single cycle waveforms and wavetables, you can get into some crazy sound design messing with the Deluges lfo modulation, Unison, OSC detuning etc, I was wondering if Maschine sampler has this capability? Would I be able to emulate this on the Maschine sampler by setting up two or more different waveforms in a similar way to the Deluge?

Best Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,872 mod
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Oh, if you just want to loop a sample cycle then that's possible.

Yes, Pad's can be linked so one acts as the master and sends midi to other ones, you can also layer samples in a single Pad so that the parameters affect them all.

VST3 plugins are already available. Not sure if the M+ uses them currently or will soon (for now it's just VST2 I think) but definitely don't expect the M+ to ever be able to run anything 3rd party when it doesn't even run the full NI plugin catalog.. IMHO that will never happen but if it does it will probably be with only the SoundWide partners that make plugs and the simpler ones.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

You don't need to layer Maschines samplers for simpler Oscillator stuff, in this gif I layer multiple single cycle saws to create a super saw oscillator, all within one sampler, it is something of a myth that Maschine can't layer samplers and is thrown around all the time by MPC users.

You can layer multi samples etc too, all within a single sampler, linking pads together to layer multiple samplers is good for when you want each layer to have its own effects chain.

Answers

• D-One
    edited November 2022

No.

That sounds like Wavetable synthesis, Maschine's Sampler has no such thing, it's rather a simple Sampler, the most advanced thing it has is probably the 4 (yes, only 4) modulation destinations for both the envelope and LFO.

You would need a plugin for the kind of stuff you want to do, maybe Form or something. (Won't work in M+ standalone tho)

• troxx

Thanks for the info, the Deluge only recently got Wavetable synthesis, it was able to use wav samples as oscillators before this, like using looped single cycle waveforms.

Are you able to layer Maschine Samplers? so for example use a pad sound in one Sampler, then add a single cycle waveform in another Sampler and layer them together which might work?

I've read that vst 3 plugins will be available some point next year, is that just Native Instruments vst 3 plugins or will 3rd party plugins be able to be used in Maschine plus too?

As Arturia Pigments can do what I want and it would be cool to be able to use this plugin in Maschine plus.

• D-One

Oh, if you just want to loop a sample cycle then that's possible.

Yes, Pad's can be linked so one acts as the master and sends midi to other ones, you can also layer samples in a single Pad so that the parameters affect them all.

VST3 plugins are already available. Not sure if the M+ uses them currently or will soon (for now it's just VST2 I think) but definitely don't expect the M+ to ever be able to run anything 3rd party when it doesn't even run the full NI plugin catalog.. IMHO that will never happen but if it does it will probably be with only the SoundWide partners that make plugs and the simpler ones.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

You don't need to layer Maschines samplers for simpler Oscillator stuff, in this gif I layer multiple single cycle saws to create a super saw oscillator, all within one sampler, it is something of a myth that Maschine can't layer samplers and is thrown around all the time by MPC users.

You can layer multi samples etc too, all within a single sampler, linking pads together to layer multiple samplers is good for when you want each layer to have its own effects chain.

• troxx

Ahh that's cool, thanks for that, something I can try if I pick up one of the sweet Maschine Plus deals going around at the moment.