My library doubles imported m3u with relative paths | Superslow Browser

Anselm.
Anselm. Member Posts: 29 Member
edited November 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

tldr:// relative paths cause double tracks of the same file, missing tracks from converted windows library cause strange paths - both seem to superslow the database behind the browser.

I just moved from Win to Mac to see if my performance issues with my big database might improve and yes, they did - in the first place.

Yesterday I imported a few m3us playlists prepared on another machine and thought I'd be clever by using relative paths in the playlists. It seems that that Traktor imports "../" as part of the path and as such doubles the tracks. So now I have a lot of tracks that eg. go like this:

/Users/username/Music/Musik/2020/Daniel Rateuke, Awen - Gold.flac

/Users/username/Music/----/../Musik/2020/Daniel Rateuke, Awen - Gold.flac

From there on some of my old tracks that have not been found in relocated had a path reference that went: /D:::::::::::::::::::::::[didnt count how long], my previous music drive letter was D so this somehow makes sense

As I started the software I had looooong waiting times for filtering tracks. I actually was not able to use these as it took about a minute or longer, sometimes the screen was frozen during that time. Music luckyli played on, caused a lot of stress though.

When I removed those /D::: entries the performance improved significantly, but still was not good, as I relied on the imported playlists with the relative paths. So my idea is that my previous windows system might have had performance issues because of missing tracks, relative paths, etc... I cannot really clean those as I've had a harddrive failure some years back and still work on completing my old collection, Traktor has been a lifesaver as I can check if tracks are in playlists and relocate those when I buy them again.

Now I've got two tasks:

1) How would I join these "/../" paths with my existing tracks?

2) How would I clean those "/E::::" paths but keep my playlist references? When those tracks are deleted from the collection they disappear from my playlists.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Anselm.
    Answer ✓

Plus: Update solved it and left /../-paths as unanvailable and unlinked in playlists.

• Anselm.
    Answer ✓

I relocated those old /E::: paths and deleted some which I felt I might not need anymore

for the /../ the update did link them right and I removed those orphan references by hand.

Answers

• Anselm.

Typed the second path wrong, "----" is my playlist folder (no edit function in this board?):

/Users/username/Music/Musik/----/../2020/Daniel Rateuke, Awen - Gold.flac

• Anselm.
    Answer ✓

Plus: Update solved it and left /../-paths as unanvailable and unlinked in playlists.

• RomTheG
    RomTheG Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi @Anselm.

It is not clear for me if you solved both problems or not... Did you?

• Anselm.
    Answer ✓

I relocated those old /E::: paths and deleted some which I felt I might not need anymore

for the /../ the update did link them right and I removed those orphan references by hand.